Tools you didn't realize how badly you needed until you got them - AKA HNCD!

Digital calipers. Sooo much easier to use than non-digital calipers. Yes, getting older and losing your close range vision sux. :freak:

And uses? No more trying to remember what gauge strings I have on that bass - I can measure them. :idea: No more approximating mic to grille distances with a piece of string - if I want to get totally wacky about it, I can replicate the placement to within a hundredth of an inch now. :lol: No more guesswork regarding which neck is fatter or wider - I can measure it. MM or inches...

All I need to add is a contour gauge, and the secrets of neck dimensions and shapes vs how they "feel" will cease to be a mystery of life. ;)

What tools did you put off getting, only to realize after acquiring them that you really were a fool for not getting them earlier because you just can't imagine being without them now?

• Members
Here's one that can be a life changer: The Panavise Jr:

51jzXA5eLPL._SS400_.jpg

41rKBsDmcOL._SS400_.jpg

Under $20. If you solder, you NEED something like it. I love my Panavise. :phil:

that's looks neat, I'm not a fan of soldering up in the air like that though, it's not comfortable for me.

Archived