Anyone use EZ Drummer?

• Members

If I were you, I'd try to wait it out a little longer. Musicians friend has had superior drummer on sale a couple times for $150. I picked mine up at one of those sales. it also came with a free akai mpd 18.

• Members

Just got superior 2.0.

Installing now.

Noice. It's been about 2 years with mine and I'm still working on getting it to sound as good as I can. I just started utilizing the multi-outs, which basically lets you split up microphone assignments into auxiliary tracks in your DAW.

• Members

Noice. It's been about 2 years with mine and I'm still working on getting it to sound as good as I can. I just started utilizing the multi-outs, which basically lets you split up microphone assignments into auxiliary tracks in your DAW.

Nice, I've just been messing around with all the default settings.

I have no idea where to begin making it sound better.

• Members

Superior doesn't require anything to make it sound "better." You might just have different drum sounds in mind. I use the NY Avatar kit (I think it's just the default one).

You either like it or you don't.

Remember, each drum has several drums. There are a few snares, kicks, etc.

I find I don't like the under-snare mic. Makes things too raspy. Also, the sub-kick, I'm not a fan of.

But yeah... I haven't found samples that are "better."

I also use Steve Slate, but where THEY shine is layering them with more natural sounding drums. On their own, they can be a bit much

• Members

I like to run Superior through the SSL channel emulation that comes with the Waves collection plugin pack, with just a touch of compression and high end EQ. I also set up the toms to be pretty deep and chunky, which is how I'd tune an actual set, but make the velocities on them really high so you really have to hit the key hard to get that "127" sample to come out. Makes fills sound a little more realistic, especially on the higher toms.

• Members

I downloaded EZ Drummer but it won't open. Anyone know where to download something that will open an.iso file?

Download PowerISO and use it to mount the .iso to virual drive. I spent hours and hours {censored}ing about with it and failing before I realised I needed to do this.

• Members

Couple questions...

Does EZdrummer allow you to export to WAV? I'd like to be able to put some loops on my JamMan.

Also, anyone have any experience with the other plugins such as jazz or electronic?

you can export loops as .wavs through your DAW.

I have the Nashville EZX expansion kit; the sounds are really good and are suitable for a wide range of genres.

Archived