Dude, Droid.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a iPhone 3GS. I like it a lot. I wouldn't mind having options in terms of carriers / plans, but let's face it - pretty much all of the US carriers and plans suck compared to what they have in Japan and Europe. :mad::(

I've got at least a year left on my plan, so I'm not going anywhere for a while... but if I was considering Droid, what about it would appeal to me enough to make me consider dropping what I already have - Java support? Live streaming? What else?

• Members

I've got a iPhone 3GS. I like it a lot. I wouldn't mind having options in terms of carriers / plans, but let's face it - pretty much all of the US carriers and plans suck compared to what they have in Japan and Europe.
:mad::(

I've got at least a year left on my plan, so I'm not going anywhere for a while... but if I was considering Droid, what about it would appeal to me enough to make me consider dropping what I already have - Java support? Live streaming? What else?

most reports I've read of people switching say the droid leaves much to be desired. The apps for the most part just aren't as good. And more people with iphones buy apps than people with droids, so the market for developers isn't as good. Most of the great app developers produce for iphone, because there is more money there.

droid is fine, but in comparison, its crap.

• Members

and the boohoo, iphone can't run flash arguement is going away. The iphone kiled flash, and damn right, its {censored}ing awful. Everyone is going HTML5 at this point. No one with half a brain will make a site that can't be run on the iphone.

• Members

I've got a iPhone 3GS. I like it a lot. I wouldn't mind having options in terms of carriers / plans, but let's face it - pretty much all of the US carriers and plans suck compared to what they have in Japan and Europe.
:mad::(

not having to use iTunes... or have your experience controlled by apple. although in some cases your android experience will simply be controlled by the carrier, which seems to be what ATT is doing.

android 2.2 will support google TV among other things.

Also Android is NOT just a phone OS. You're going to see a lot of other things that use it.

• Members

and the boohoo, iphone can't run flash arguement is going away. The iphone kiled flash, and damn right, its {censored}ing awful. Everyone is going HTML5 at this point. No one with half a brain will make a site that can't be run on the iphone.

HTML5 does not replace all flash functionality. Flash may be on it's way out, but for now a ton of sites still use it.

Archived