Dude, Droid.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

you kids and your toys

can't live life anymore without walking around with your face in your phone being able to upload every move to your tweet/facebook in five minute intervals.

no one else cares that you miss lost or you just wiped your ass all by yourself. :lol:

• Members

Anyone know of a few good apps for the droid?

I have all the basic ones: facebook, pandora, shazam, goggles, and google voice.

there's this cool app that comes built in to the phone that helps you stop wasting time.

It's called the "off button"

• Members
you kids and your toys

can't live life anymore without walking around with your face in your phone being able to upload every move to your tweet/facebook in five minute intervals.

no one else cares that you miss lost or you just wiped your ass all by yourself.
:lol:

And no one cares what you think about modern society except you feel the need to tell us everyday.

• Members

HTML5 does not replace all flash functionality. Flash may be on it's way out, but for now a ton of sites still use it.

While true, I'm really hoping that the push Apple is making against Flash and moving forward with HTML5 will encourage most web devs to move away from Flash, too.

...eventhough I don't own an iPhone anymore, I think HTML5 is better for the user, all around.

• Members

hey here's a novel idea: we buy phones to talk to people on the phone, and computers to perform our computing tasks.

i can't wait for the iProTools app!!! over-compressed-mastered-too-loud-shrill-digital-cut-and-paste-editing-for-techno-pop-core-scenesters-to-upload-to-their-facebook!!!! i'm so pumped...!!!

• Members

I love my Droid. Can't compare it to an iPhone, but I know my plan is far better than anything AT&T has (Alltel plan grandfathered into Verizon). I like the slide out keyboard (although I still use the Shapewriter app for speed data entry).

Droid uses standard micro USB interface, which is way better than proprietary iPhone interfaces. Heck, I bought a super cheap car charger that was meant for a Bluetooth headset, but uses the same interface. Works, and cost about half as much.

As far as apps go, I love that ShapeWriter app. I also use the Redbox app for free movie rentals, DroidLight to click on the LED camera flash for a flashlight (brighter and less battery intensive than lighting up the entire screen), gStrings as a guitar tuner, Movies for instant showtimes, Pandora for internet radio, StopWatch for testing song length, Wifi Analyzer to see if there's available wifi without pulling out my laptop, and YouTube for when someone needs me to learn a song on the fly.

Some might say that the iPhone is better, but I can't find much that the Droid can't do (although I must admit I like my TomTom better than my Droid for GPS). I need to find a way around always accessing the mobile versions of sites, though. Sometimes I really just want the regular version, you know?

• Members

Jailbreak your iphone to tether free of charge - This has been availabe for about 2yrs now easily on jailbroken phones.

I have jailbreaking maybe 50 phones, non have ever bricked nor have i heard of anyone that i know of getting bricked. Maybe 1 out of ever 200 will have an issue if that. Its such an easy process now all you have to do is click once and its done.

• Members

hey here's a novel idea: we buy phones to talk to people on the phone, and computers to perform our computing tasks.

i can't wait for the iProTools app!!! over-compressed-mastered-too-loud-shrill-digital-cut-and-paste-editing-for-techno-pop-core-scenesters-to-upload-to-their-facebook!!!! i'm so pumped...!!!

I talk on my phone as well, but I also like to check the weather and go on the internet sometimes. I don't think that's a really big stretch.

• Members

My wife just got a Hero and she was telling me how it is now better than the iPhone. Then she figured out that she can't make or get calls if her phone is accessing the data network (this is a Sprint/Verizon limitation). She also can't seem to get the alarm to work regularly. It seems like there is potential there but from what I see I will stick with my iPhone.

Max

Archived