Line6 Verbzilla vs Behringer RV600 VIDEO !

• Members

Thanks for doing that EXCELLENT comparison.

I thought the Verbzilla sounded slightly better on most settings...... but the RV600 still sounds great.

I have an RV600 coming and I think I'm going to enjoy it a lot! :)

• Members

Behringer reverb is alright, I wanted rid of my DR600 (an RV-5 clone) but the more I fiddle and work out its idiosynchrasies, the more devoted I am to keeping it on the board.

In other news, nice demo. I agree exactly with dcooper, a difference, but marginal.

• Members

I thought the behringer's wet level was higher at 12 o'clock than the verbzilla. I thought the verbzilla sounded a little more subtle whereas the rv600 sounds less likely to leave you in a gig wondering if the reverb is actually on or not. But I don't think one sounds much better than the other. And with a bit more specific tweaking you could probably get them closer still. As for build quality, if the verbzilla didn't feel equaly breakable, I'd be more inclined to consider swapping out my rv600 for one an "upgrade". Though I do feel for line 6 - ever since the pod/v-amp thing the big german B has been ripping off their stuff and not doing a bad job of it.

• Members

I was having lots of fun with my RV-600 with a 100% wet "Cave" setting, only to bypass it and find that with the "trails" on, it didn't pass any dry signal in bypass.

Does the Verbzilla do this too?

Oh, and in before someone makes a "having fun with a 100% wet cave" joke :facepalm:

• Members

I thought the behringer's wet level was higher at 12 o'clock than the verbzilla. I thought the verbzilla sounded a little more subtle whereas the rv600 sounds less likely to leave you in a gig wondering if the reverb is actually on or not. But I don't think one sounds much better than the other. And with a bit more specific tweaking you could probably get them closer still. As for build quality, if the verbzilla didn't feel equaly breakable, I'd be more inclined to consider swapping out my rv600 for one an "upgrade". Though I do feel for line 6 - ever since the pod/v-amp thing the big german B has been ripping off their stuff and not doing a bad job of it.

So really, are they both as 'unreliable' with regards to build quality.. suggesting that either one would do?

I've got to the point with my board that i'm not bothered what pedal manufacturers are on their, so long as it sounds good and is reliable for gigs, the behringer sounds good, but would it hold up?

Archived