Voodoo Lab Versa - finally out

Rizza

• Members

Edit: It seems there's a lack of sources for whether or not thing is legit. Untill Voodoo Lab actually says it's released, I'd presume it's not out yet.

----

This thing has been in the works since, what, 2008? It does seem to do everything I need it to do though. The price here is at $269.

With an outrageous 13 isolated output sections, Pedal Power Versa is the most versatile power supply made today, Now you can eliminate those noisy wall warts from your rig with a single solution, Versa can easily power all your 9-vOlt classics, plus today's high-current effects including TC Nova, Eventide, Radial Tonebone, MXR, Electro-Harmonix, and many more, Two dedicated and isolated AC outputs can power everything from a MIDI faatcontroller, to a Whammy, wireless unit or vacuum tube overdrive, Versa uses our exclusive low-noise toroidal transformers, and is isolated, filtered, regulated and short circuit protected, Sound better today and get the most advanced power supply ever made, Pedal Power Versa, Cables and detachable AC power cord included.

• Members
Yeah, I think it's so new they don't have a proper picture.
:idk:

I saw this at TGP, someone said that in a video it was about the size of the CAE/MXR MC-403 but 2.25" in height.

Yes, I stated that. Very similar in dimensions to the CAE/MXR MC-403 w/ the exception of the height. There are two rows of outlets, similar to a Burkey power supply but the width is similar to the 403. The video was from the NAMM show but I think it may have been from '09.
The add from Spectrum Audio is recent though. But w/ 13 power outlets, including 9VAC, it is a good unit like all Voodoo Lab products. The cost however is getting into the Burkey range at $269.

• Members

I think I'd rather just have 2 PP2+s and rehouse my odd power supplies in a phenolic case from small bear.

Is rehousing power supplies really an option? The cases seem sealed shut and innards inaccessible. Or are you talking about dropping the entire thing into the case?

If the versa provides both 9VAC and 12VAC at 1000mA each, I'll seriously consider it for my Magicstomp and XP1000, of course assuming it's pedaltrain friendly

Archived