cd burning question

echodeluxe

• Members

no I get what you're saying, just being silly. I think most bands that do that use a dual layer disc? Music on one side, video on the other....but I know I've seen cds that have both video and audio on the same side.

• Members

i dont think people will care much, seeing is that they can watch the video or not. i wouldnt make menus, just a file they could click on in their computer folder and watch. i dunno, thought it might be a nice addition to the cd. like, only for people who bought or received the cd...

• Members

It is possible to make combination audio/data discs. It will play like a regular cd but if you pop it in a computer, you will also have access to whatever data (videos in your case) you put on it.

I remember Nero used to have that feature, but I stopped using Nero a long time ago.

• Members

So long as the format is right I don't think it'd be an issue.

Then again, depending on the format of the video it may unable to transfer to a straight up CD and you may need specialized discs. Which, if you're printing in mass quantities, could be a kick to the wallet.

I say try and burn it on a regular cd first and then test it. :idk:

• Members

To be brutally honest, I hate it when bands try this kind of thing. It's a kind of dumb idea that labels tried to do to combat piracy. And then people just took the video and put it online.

I've never been encouraged to buy an indie bands album because of a bonus video. Cool/unique/handmade packaging however does make me want to own a physical copy.

Just my 2 cents.

• Members

You just gotta keep going bro. Let me tell you story.

My ex had a poster of Yoda in her room for some reason, and when I {censored}ed her I'd always stare at the poster because there was this birthmark on the back of her neck that looked hella strange and it creeped me out. Anyway, the poster said "Do or do not; there is no try" and I just kept reading that over and over until I spaffed.

And that's exactly like you're situation. Ander is like my ex's weird birthmark and I'm like the Yoda poster telling you that you just have to keep going no matter what because in the end everybody will be satisfied.

:)

• Members

wow the CD-ROM retro revolution.

We used to add a DVD with a bunch of stuff, not sure how you go about making the data disk work. There might be some sort of programming involved if you wanted a menu and stuff to auto-run.

Archived