this just in: Despite all their ideals the Beatles were/are just Capitalist Whores

ispunk

• Members

When they were writing music and doing the meditation thing they were optimistic kids. It doesn't mean they didn't allow the label to make doodie with their names and faces. I'd be surprised if they made money on that early stuff.

• Members
it's Macca -- NOT the Beatles
:cop:

who owns the catalog now that Jacko is dead?
:confused:

I think Jacksons estate owns the publishing rights to that catalog. It's not only Beatles songs in there.

Truth be told, Macca made most of his money in another catalog he bought the publishing on. It has alot of stuff in it and he's owned it since
the 60s. I remember him saying he gets $ for the Notre Dame fight
song and alot more.

There's almost Bo reason to buy the catalog with the Beatles tunes unless
he gets a steal.

• Members
beatles-rock-band-xbox-sm.jpg
boxremco3.jpg
bluegumlabel.jpg
boxedcoinset3.jpg

Yep it's true. They never met a dollar or pound note they didn't like. Same goes for 99.9% of your favorite artists. So get over it if your sacred cow has now "sold out". They probably sold out a long time ago. :poke:

are you wearing Vans, 501's, and a Dope Beastie tee, nipple rings, new tattoos?

• Members

are you wearing Vans, 501's, and a Dope Beastie tee, nipple rings, new tattoos?

I only wear the Vans. Not into piercings or expensive jeans. Haven't got a new tattoo in almost 20 years. Never owned a Beastie tee.

• Members

I only wear the Vans. Not into piercings or expensive jeans. Haven't got a new tattoo in almost 20 years. Never owned a Beastie tee.

then you lack the cred to tell any one they are selling out or suckin' up to the man.

anyway, i think the reference escaped you.

• Members

Start rant:

The concepts of "selling out" or "sticking it to the man" are pathetic. Everyone one us here has sold out, or could be accused of being "the man".

Do you buy corporate products that have been shipped well beyond a 100 miles because it is convenient to your lifestyle?
Do you fill trash bags full of packaging and waste every week to put on the curb?
Do you burn massive amounts of fossil fuel because it is entertains you and keeps you comfortable?
Do you drive a gas-guzzling vehicle to travel to work or the strip mall?
Do you pay ridiculous subscription fees to communications technology or entertainment services?

"The Man"? What the {censored}? We create our own problem every day of our pathetic little lives.

If you really want to be a PUNK, grow your own food, travel by foot/bike/public transit, and quit worshipping at the alters of entertainment and convenience.

Personally, I've just accepted that I suck and I'm a sellout. At least the Beatles recorded great songs to make people happy. That's a whole lot more than the rest of us are doing.

/rant

• Members

Actually, The Beatles didn't make much, if any, money off of all of that merchandising stuff. Their manager, Brian Epstein, didn't really know a whole lot about managing a rock band, much less a band that became the biggest band in the world. He signed a lot of contracts without fully understanding them, and consequently the people who manufactured a lot of that crap made a ton of money and the Beatles didn't see any of it.

• Members
:facepalm: if only I had used Kiss or Slash or Zakk Wylde as the example to make my point. Then the butthurt would be so much less. I didn't create this thread just to bash the Beatles. It was to parody the Fripp/Kanye thread. The point is: Do not be surprised what your favorite artist does with their music or image.

• Members
:facepalm:
if only I had used Kiss or Slash or Zakk Wylde as the example to make my point. Then the butthurt would be so much less. I didn't create this thread just to bash the Beatles. It was to parody the Fripp/Kanye thread. The point is: Do not be surprised what your favorite artist does with their music or image.

No butthurt here, just blowin e-steam. I was just looking for an excuse to rant this morning, and you gave me a thread to do it in.

Archived