Dirt Pedal for Telecaster?

strtdv

• Members

OP might want to have a look at the Wampler Hot Wired. Two stages of dirt, stackable and calibrated for a Tele (with Brent Mason, if I'm not mistaken). It can do light drive to all-out rawk. It pushes the mids through but won't do the scoop thing. My favorite Tele dist/drive along with the sadly unsung Teaser Stallion.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
OP might want to have a look at the Wampler Hot Wired. Two stages of dirt, stackable and calibrated for a Tele (with Brent Mason, if I'm not mistaken). It can do light drive to all-out rawk. It pushes the mids through but won't do the scoop thing. My favorite Tele dist/drive along with the sadly unsung Teaser Stallion.

hey brett! you changed your username -- i thought someone had hijacked your name :lol:

Wampler Hot Wired sounds interesting. i'm gonna have to go check out your demo of it :thu:

• Members
hey brett! you changed your username -- i thought someone had hijacked your name
:lol:

Wampler Hot Wired sounds interesting. i'm gonna have to go check out your demo of it
:thu:

Heheh. Yeah, a bit of self plagiarism. The 666 was great idea at the time..not. I'm not the beast, just a very naughty boy (or old bloke). :lol:

• Members
Heheh. Yeah, a bit of self plagiarism. The 666 was great idea at the time..not. I'm not the beast, just a very naughty boy (or old bloke).
:lol:

yeah....probably for the best to "86" the "666" :lol:

you're not exactly the most satanic guy i know :cool:

i have not had the pleasure of rawking a Wampler pedal yet, gonna have to give one a try!

• Members
So weird I want a 335-ish hb to complement my Tele, great minds think alike
:thu:

i also got a 335-ish hollowbody. to be honest...i played the 335 exclusively for 6 months or so, and then one day picked up the tele again, and haven't put it down yet.

• Members

IMO, how good (or bad) any good dirt pedal sounds is more dependent upon the amp than the guitar.

For example, a Rat sounds incredible through an ac30...but IMO Rats sound way way too dark/flubby through a Bassman.

Etc.

If you're playing through an Orange...those suckers aren't really too friendly to dirt pedals at all. An OCD is always a good choice but I can't guarantee you'll love it.

• Members

i also got a 335-ish hollowbody. to be honest...i played the 335 exclusively for 6 months or so, and then one day picked up the tele again, and haven't put it down yet.

I gotta ask this, how (un)confortable is the 335's body compare to your Tele? I mean they look so huge, is it a huge difference as in how it sits/hangs when playing out?

• Members

I said it before and I'll say it again: Fuzz Face.

The Tele and Strat were made for Fuzz Faces, they go so well together.

I'm probably going to go with a fuzz face of some sort.

There's also a DAM meathead deluxe clone I saw that looks pretty interesting. I might try it out, and if I like it then it'll probably replace my modded BMP.

• Members
I'm probably going to go with a fuzz face of some sort.

There's also a DAM meathead deluxe clone I saw that looks pretty interesting. I might try it out, and if I like it then it'll probably replace my modded BMP.

Cool. Let us know which one you get. :thu:

Archived