Ot- anyone have a Rhodesian ridgeback dog?

hangwire

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have one. He's pretty much one of the best mannered dogs I've ever owned. The only con I can think of is that he likes to hide thing that aren't his. I've bought shoes that I couldn't find for a couple days because he buried them outside in the dirt.

• Members

thinking of getting one in September as out next dog since we had to put our 7 year old pug to sleep Thursday.

How do they do in heat, snow?

I'm so sorry to hear that man. I remember that cute little goblin popping up on here occasionally. :)

• Members

I'm so sorry to hear that man. I remember that cute little goblin popping up on here occasionally.
:)

goblin or yoda?

6ycg43.jpg

wait, does yoda have a species? nevermind, I don't want to get into any backstory than just the 6 movies...

2nbyl3b.jpg

or a not wife insisted holloween dress up pic:

23j4o40.jpg

• Members

^ but if no one buys those special breed dogs they will end up in a shelter.

.......... are you serious? There would be no such thing as goofy suburban 'breeders' and south of the border puppy mills if people weren't obsessed with having a new toy instead of adopting a dog that needs a home.

• Members

those are good points about shelter dogs, the reason we might not is that a coworker trains dogs and the rhodesian would be from a family member of hers that just had puppies... so I am not seeking a breeder, just happened that this might be a good match at the right time... as they will be ready to go and be somewhat trained about the time we would want to get a new dog in september or so...

http://www.wihumane.org/

is the site for milwaukee for pet adoption otherwise...

• Members

.......... are you serious? There would be no such thing as goofy suburban 'breeders' and south of the border puppy mills if people weren't obsessed with having a new toy instead of adopting a dog that needs a home.

you're talking about supply and demand. it's not a new concept.

• Members

do we live in a world where we have to buy dogs that no one wants? can't we have dogs that were made special for us?

Archived