You've been banished to an island...

Ryan.

• Members
"It's MY island."

"He wasn't right - in the head. Bahahahahaha!"

"In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God. Yes, Father. The Almighty says don't change the subject; just answer the f**king question."

:phil:

Phil, I love you. He's one of my favorite comic reliefs... evar... :thu:

• Members

Alright, fine, serious answer... hmm. Okay, 5 pedals, an amp, and a guitar.

Guitar: 2007 model Schecter C-1 Classic. Haters gonna hate, this thing performs. Very versatile thanks to Jazz/JB set tapped for single coil operation, very durable thanks to neck-through construction and a sturdy poly finish, high quality parts, sounds great, plays great. :thu:

Pedals (this is not a list of My Five Favorite Pedals, just a thought experiment; I'd be sad every day that I couldn't have just brought my whole box with me):
1. TurboTuner to keep it in tune. Hey, that's important. i don't even own one of these in real life, I have really high-precision software tuner plug-ins, but I'd own one for the desert island!
2. Barber Tone Press compressor. Transparent compression, this is a must-have for me now.
3. Tim for overdrive. Come on, it's a friggin' Tim. I'd set it up for some subtle harmonics, emphasize the treble a bit; and have the Boost footswitch Gain and Tone controls set up to kick it on as full blast as possible.
4. Barber DirectDrive for nice crunch that has a bit of "Marshall" sound to it, though I don't consider it a MIAB. Stacks great with the Tim for a really nice high gain sound, too. Plus with the push/pull you get two distinct distortion flavors in one pedal, so it's functional like that. I already took this one on a vacation as my only dirt pedal and it worked out great.
5. Damage Control Glass Nexus for all effects needs. I know they're discontinued, and it makes me sad that I'll never have one now. :cry: But in the dream island, I get one for free, hooray!

Amp: This one's easy, my THD Univalve. JJ ECC83s in the preamp and a JJ 6L6 in the power amp; paired with a THD 1x12 cab with a V30 in it. I don't want cone cry, I want punch and that cool midrange character I love in the V30. If my back weren't {censored}ed up, I'd stick with my old Trace Elliot 4x12 with English-made V30s and Warehouse Vet 30s in an X-shape, but I couldn't lug that thing around at all. A 1x12, sure, and THD's cabs are great.

I figure that'd do pretty much everything I want. The THD even has a bit of noise reduction built in, so I wouldn't miss my ISP Decimator too much. If I could take 6 pedals, though, it'd be one of them.

Of course that doesn't get into the possibilities with nice multieffects, but I think that's sort of undermining the premise.

• Members

A 1959 Les Paul in perfect condition with hang tags and an original case that I could sell once I got back to civilization and live comfortably in the knowledge I'd never be stuck on a desert island again.

I'd then want an Ampeg SVT stack, a Shin-ei Siren Wah, and four volume boosters to point out at the ocean to signal passing ships. :)

Archived