NwGD... Ktone Les Paul

hangwire

• Members

xcvwit.jpg

2w2e7py.jpg

Soooooooooo

$160 will get you this guitar

and for that price, it is surprisingly decent

my wife wanted a white on white guitar uf she ever started playing again, and for this pupose and price, it fits

the guitar itself sounds decent not plugged in...

plugged in... it does'nt sound much worse than other humbucker semihollowbodies... the hubuckers sound like what I hate about humbuckers... muddy and boxy... thick flat jazz at under 8 on the tone knob...

I'll probably replace them, the pickup rings, the knobs pickguard and selector switch to white ones...

what I really liked was how this could be a monster noise box... it can easily be coaxed into droning feedback...

very well worth the price... not sure if consistency between guitars is great, but I got a decent one for my wife :)

• Members

after more playing:

- tuners seem like something that would need to be replaced if you wanted live use NOT as a feedbacking noise box

- jack seems like it might have a weak solder job... I heard a cutout/crackle when moving around the room once... and I don't think it is the cable

- tends to have a "danelectro type" vibe --- where strumming chords sound nice and play well... but single note lines not so much... and maybe I was just off with technique, but fingerpicking didn't sound so great through the amp.

-finish and binding is not super sharp and great, but not too much to complain about for the price...

Archived