Malekko Omnicron Chicklet / Trem / Vibrato - Who's got one?

daysofspeed

• Members

Im considering a few of these at the moment - Chicklet / Trem / Vibrato

Ive seen the chicklet on a couple of boards on here but not the other two. The trem looks like a sine wave with a good range in the speed and the vibrato sounds beautiful on the pgs demo.

Anybody got any experience with them?

• Members

i have the vibrato and the chorus. first of all for them to sound the best you should get a 12v adapter. they sound good at 9v but when you run them at 12v it really opens them up. I really like the chorus. the vibrato is good but i really like the vibrato on "univibe" type pedals. i had an mjm 60s vibe and the vibrato on that unit was amazing. the malekko vibrato is still good, but not the best i've heard.

• Members
i have the vibrato and the chorus. first of all for them to sound the best you should get a 12v adapter. they sound good at 9v but when you run them at 12v it really opens them up. I really like the chorus. the vibrato is good but i really like the vibrato on "univibe" type pedals. i had an mjm 60s vibe and the vibrato on that unit was amazing. the malekko vibrato is still good, but not the best i've heard.

Weird, I've heard the exact opposite about the vibe and chorus.... but since you posted the tube sock girl I'll trust your judgement.:thu:

• Members

The Malekko is pitch vibrato though, right...?

Which is not the same as a Univibe.

totally correct. but on the mjm 60s vibe you can go from the "chorus" and "vibrato" settings with a switch. the chorus is the typical univibe sound but the vibrato is the pitch vibrato. it sounds very good. i wish he would make just that in a small pedal.

Archived