Melxotone Lounge

SunofNothing

• Members

I have the version two. I was just A/Bing with the new ruby and IMO it kills it. It has such a good crunch. At first i was throw up by just having one knob but now i know how get so many tones out it-metal, distrotion, fuzz, crunch, velcro, and awesome dying battery tones. It's all about the that volume knob on your guitar. That being said i would love to rehouse it and give it a input volume control and a power sagger.

Anybody else a fan?

Of course the legs don't hurt either. :love::love:

Photoon2010-07-19at1344.jpg

(yup i stole that from you, netstar, hope that's cool.)

• Members

really? i thought melx made and eric sold em? Aren't the legs melx's wifes?

Still, anybody know what the circuit is based on?

Well, I know Eric definitely built them. I don't know if melx had anything to do with designing them.

• Members

really? i thought melx made and eric sold em? Aren't the legs melx's wifes?

Still, anybody know what the circuit is based on?

haha, the legs are erics wife's ... I don't have a 'wife'

yeah he builds them, I don't do anything other than offer inspiration, stripes and my nickname..... and it was my stupid idea not to put any knobs on the first ones!!:lol:

...it's probably based on an electra distortion circuit as I know it's a favorite of his, but I suspect that every component has a different value, I seem to recall him saying the circuit was similar to his 'singing tree' but I could well be wrong on all that!!

• Members

haha, the legs are erics wife's ... I don't have a 'wife'

yeah he builds them, I don't do anything other than offer inspiration, stripes and my nickname..... and it was my stupid idea not to put any knobs on the first ones!!
:lol:

...it's probably based on an electra distortion circuit as I know it's a favorite of his, but I suspect that every component has a different value, I seem to recall him saying the circuit was similar to his 'singing tree' but I could well be wrong on all that!!

AH. Well i'm in love with it. I'll check into the circuit too, i'd love to mess with it.

• Members

AH. Well i'm in love with it. I'll check into the circuit too, i'd love to mess with it.

yeah, I'm not sure why I haven't had a look myself to be honest, there's not much in there, so it wouldn't be difficult to see what's going on.

I think I'll mod my MKII with a millenium bypass and LED sometime.

• Members

Maybe netstar has been thrown into debtor's prison.

Anyway, I don't know if the melx is similar to the singing tree circuit, but it doesn't sound very much like my singing tree at all. It sounds more similar to a maestro or something, to me.

Archived