Suggest a Fuzz Pedal?

dgc480

• Members

Hey, so I'm in the market for a funky fuzz pedal. I also like the sound of an octave with the fuzz. (I have a EH microsynth, but it's way too uncontrollable so I'm looking for something to replace it)

Right now I just want that sweet funky solo tone (think "whos that lady"), so I figured the best option would be to get a fuzz / octave pedal. I might just go with the tried and true big muff, but if there's something out there that's better, and maybe combines an octave pedal (lower octave, not just higher octave), that would be sweet too. Oh and I have a phase to combine with it already.

Thanks!

• Members

Gotta go for the Univox Superfuzz or one of the myriad clones. Yes, they can be expensive - seen them go for a buck, up to $470. Worth it? I give it "Two thumbs up"!

If you are inclined, there are schematics and parts lists all over the net; build your own.

• Members

Is there any difference btw the little big muff and the big muff pi? It would be nice to have the smaller size as my pedal board is getting full.

thanks

the difference is negligible. if you're going with a big muff you might wanna check out the tone wicker; lots of praise for that version.

[YOUTUBE]xtczyo9m5NI[/YOUTUBE]

Archived