Archers of Loaf

p0lymath

• Members

the chapel hill sound? like the connells? saw thema few times..

do you know the Mayflies U.S.A.? they kind of took up the Connells slack after they went away. Dave, the drummer, was my uni roomie for 3 years. He never played anything except cds for years and then he became a rock star. i miss him, so funny..

I'm a huge fan of The Mayflies USA - I listen to their three (2 full-lengths and an e.p., maybe - I should check) records all the time (I may have missed one or two). I really like their take on the whole laid-back power-pop thing.

Are they still doing anything? - It's been a while since I heard anything from them...

(Not a fan of Archers of Loaf - Maybe because I saw Crooked Fingers opening for Superchunk once and I just didn't get it... I'm pretty sure I missed something with them (since there's a lot of love) but the whole Crooked Fingers thing just wasn't my cup o' tea)...)

The Mayflies USA - Quality...

• Members

(Not a fan of Archers of Loaf - Maybe because I saw Crooked Fingers opening for Superchunk once and I just didn't get it... I'm pretty sure I missed something with them (since there's a lot of love) but the whole Crooked Fingers thing just wasn't my cup o' tea)...)

The Mayflies USA -
Quality

GTFO. I wouldn't say Crooked Fingers and Archers are comparable at all... I don't mind CF now and then, but it's not even in the same ballpark as Archers. you should give AoL another chance.

Archived