Holy sh!t I just bought a custom Jazzmaster

nathanlux

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ah, what the hell. this isn't The Gear Page.
:thu:

I'll be sure to keep the thread updated. Looks like I'm going with Sherwood Green, rosewood fingerboard, light yellowing and wear.

Still not sure about wood type. What do you guys think? Alder of Swamp Ash.

Alder's the traditional choice for a Jazzmaster, but swamp ash might not be a bad choice; it might give it a bit more clarity and bite; which frankly, I always thought they could use.

PS I should have noticed / mentioned the cursing in thread titles rule - I obviously overlooked it or got distracted. :o

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Well, after 5 week wait, I finally received the Jazzmaster body and neck. I went with Sea Foam Green (color is off in the pics). The body is 2 piece Alder cut to late 50's specs by Wildwood, and the neck is a Strat neck from All Parts. So far, I'm very pleased. The paint job is great. MJT also finished the neck with nitro, and it's got a nice vintage tint. I decided to purchase top grade hardware and pickups, because MJT only offers an All Parts harware package. I'm just waiting for the last pieces of hardware (bridge thimbles and strap locks) to arrive in the mail before I take it SF Guitar Works and get it assembled.

Oh, and I went with Lollar pickups and Mastery bridge.

o7ki6g.jpg

att3a.jpg

dmzmkz.jpg

• Members

So the body is not routed for the pickups? How are you going to do the setup?

It looks like an awesome project!

looks routed to me? there a bit of shadow at the top (bottom in pic) that looks like depth.

edit: beat'd

• Members

Yes, the body is fully routed, except for the jack routing. And no, I didn't go with matching headstock (last minute decision), because I thought it would look too ostentatious.

The tremolo tailpiece is Fender AVRI and it fits great. And the pickguard is mint green and from All Parts, and it fits just about perfect too. The neck will have to be sanded down slightly at the heel in order to fit in the neck pocket, but it's going to be an nice snug fit. Now if only my other stuff would arrive I could get rolling on the assembly.

• Members

Looks great, I wanna get a sexy blue jazzmaster build from him but I want the 66 neck with blocks and bindings and I don't know if he offers that. Love me some blocks and bindings.

Mark only does All Parts neck's as a part of his Jazzmaster package, and they don't make an actual J-style neck. But you could buy a Warmoth piece and send it to him for nitro.

• 3 months later...

Archived