One more ridiculous drama queen "goodbye".

Birdienumnum

• Members

Synths and any instrument in particular is only as good as you can make it sound so if you are {censored} and sound like {censored} then don't wine that you need the latest gear etc get off the net and down to the woodshed and improve your chop's I know I am as the fantom is showing my shortcomings.

If anyone knows where I can find a forum of mature adult musicians who are as comfortable with themselves and the folkishness of synth music as this guy, please let me know, because I'd love to wallow in condescending, rude posts like this all day.

• Members

I think I have reached that happy place where materialism no longer matters and I am just happy to have a wife kid and roof and if I don't have the latest tv stereo and keyboards then meh I will just be happy with what I have and that I have brought life into the world and happiness to those who know me on a personal level.

that i couldn't have said better myself.

• Members

KSS in the near future

funny-car-Del-Worsham.jpg

• Members

Well, that's gone and torn it. Paolo has gone and banned DualLowpass and Son of HuHefner for posting the following shocking image and insidious comments:

" I have heard about you hawt synth doods"

"Mods love my boobies!"

"Mods, those aren't oscillators"

KSS has become just a corporate rag, to promote product, not the definition of a forum, which is "a free and open meeting place for the discussion and exchange of ideas and information" . . . even silly and moronic ideas and information like the above, dammit! KSS is no longer fun, nor very human. I shall still lurk here whenever there's some actual news or information worth reading about, but that's about it. The mods have ruined it for me.
:(

I would like to invite anyone who likes to talk about keyboards or even make silly jokes in a free atmosphere to visit Analogia (link below). Finally, I
would
say a dramatic and ridiculous "goodbye" to all my good buddies here, but there's no need . . . you can always visit me at Analogia, where synths, people and lolcats run free. And boobies.
:)

Thunderbird_Laugh.gif

• Members

Theres no question the mods panties are in a twist and their inability to consistently manage this forum proves it so. Its pick and choose... Not a decorum issue. sadly they have to balance between quality and thread count. And trust me, thread count/traffic is VERY important to the sponsors. I just wouldn't sacrifice my integrity over it...:cop:

I will say, if they were actually consistent and forthright things would be different but alas, they are not. The recent bans are par for the course and I say who cares! Get banned, why is it a problem for anyone?

That just means you have to play with your gear more...:thu:

I for one won't be changing a damn thing regardless! Ban or don't ban- who cares? But most take these forums way more seriously than I.

• Members

you know a simple solution to all this would be to have an extra area for OT threads. One for us... where we can talk about politics, boobs, sandwiches... whatever.

that way the dumbasses that bitch and complain about OT threads wont have to worry about it. No more crying to the mods

opinions?

• Members

I still just don't get why people can't just ignore OT threads if they are so easily offended! And why can't just one of them have the guts to admit publicly that they complained?

Now - I do believe that there are occasions to complain to a moderator. I actually complained once recently when someone insisted on repeatedly saying, falsely, that I had posted some stuff in the new gear thread. On KVR once, I complained because every time I tried to post an item for sale, or bump the thread, this one fellow would immediately post in and say that I was a bad trader. (simply because I declined to ship an item to him overseas on his terms - I hadn't taken his money or anything). But these are not the kind of abuses that we're talking about here....

• Members

Been there, done that, no results, and we get told to use OJ for that. Doesn't work either if you try to argue that we're a different kind of crowd (e.g. a bunch of commie pinkos). Meanwhile, the international forums are pretty much dead and they are split up, so fear of lack of traffic is not an excuse.

Plus, other people will jump in and demand that another split is made for say, electronic music and well, real music that requires like, talent & {censored}, which won't work either. (meanwhile, more (on-topic!) posts have been made in this single forum here than in all 3 of the computer subforums together.

Believe me, I've tried to ask when I was a mod. I had to live through Bush vs. Kerry :(.

• Members

Someone made the point that the reason they like the OT in this particular forum is that they feel like they know everybody and have a general repsect and civility toward other KSS forumites, and rather discuss issues with their fellow brethren as opposed to the open/political forum's free for all.I feel the same way.
I've been insulted,disagreed with, and yet I really feel no ill will or consternation.
Perhaps a KSS OT sub-forum "enter at your own peril don't be a nancy boy" kind of thing.

• Members
Then be a good sport and got to Music Forum.
:idea:

This happens to be Keys, Synths & Samplers Forum.
:idea:

When I look at the top of the screen I see Harmony Central Musician Community Forums... I really don't get the feeling many musicians are here like the old days and I am far from elitist... for me everyone has the ability/right to create music....

I just feel like this forum has spiralled into a mess of late... its just random sillyness, DAC talk, GAS talk, bitter pointless arguments, thread hijacks and a feeling of people with OCD...

Maybe its time for me to move on... it not like I just want to talk about music per se, and I love gear too, but something is very odd here... I don't think I'm alone in thinking this.

• Members
When I look at the top of the screen I see Harmony Central Musician Community Forums... I really don't get the feeling many musicians are here like the old days and I am far from elitist... for me everyone has the ability/right to create music....

I miss Six Black Roses too.

• Members

internets2zf4.jpg

blahblahblahiv9.jpg

I don't necessarily need to talk about music 24/7 on this forum because guess what I'm doing when I'm not online ... :idea:

As for the moderation ... that's really between the mods and the affected ... Who knows what happened?

READ ALL ABOUT IT AT ANALOGIA ... where you can see the picture that previously got me banned ... (I actually do wish, though, more people form here

• Members
Well, that's gone and torn it. Paolo has gone and banned DualLowpass and Son of HuHefner for posting the following shocking image and insidious comments:

michelleobamasmallps5.jpg

" I have heard about you hawt synth doods"

"Mods love my boobies!"

"Mods, those aren't oscillators"

KSS has become just a corporate rag, to promote product, not the definition of a forum, which is "a free and open meeting place for the discussion and exchange of ideas and information" . . . even silly and moronic ideas and information like the above, dammit! KSS is no longer fun, nor very human. I shall still lurk here whenever there's some actual news or information worth reading about, but that's about it. The mods have ruined it for me.
:(

I would like to invite anyone who likes to talk about keyboards or even make silly jokes in a free atmosphere to visit Analogia (link below). Finally, I
would
say a dramatic and ridiculous "goodbye" to all my good buddies here, but there's no need . . . you can always visit me at Analogia, where synths, people and lolcats run free. And boobies.
:)

Had this come from a KSS member who actually contributes to the forum, I would take some and effort to formulate an answer. But since 95% of the posts you do here are BS, my answer to you is "see ya".

Archived