Any Carl Martin users on here?

strtdv

• Members

What do you think of their stuff?

Specifically the Plexitone pedal.

I'm looking for a mid-gain crunch pedal that goes well with strats and teles, and keeps the sound of the guitar, nice and open sounding, and this looks like it might fit the bill.

I'm currently using a Blackstar HT-Dist, which sounds great, but it's a too modern sounding for what I'm going for.

Also, are there any alternatives for a clear mid gain pedal? (not anything overly compressed or saturated)

• Members

i own a carl martin hot drive n boost. i haven't used it in years. its a good pedal. the drive section is more of a noisy type of overdrive at mid to higher gain settings(compared to other overdrives ive used). i used to use it mainly for the boost function and would use drive section for a little coloration in tone with gain down low.

• Members

i had a plexi-tone and it was an extremely versatile rock pedal. 2 gain stages and a boost is pretty handy. the only negative was that it was very picky about what amps it sounded good through.

This may be a problem, since I'll be buying blind..

I might just get an OCD v4 or a DLS, or possibly a Suhr Riot and see how it goes..

• Members

Anyone have any opinions on the Delayla?

possibly the best sounding analog delay i've ever heard. my bassist uses one and i usually borrow it for recordings. it hasn't been the most reliable pedal, he's had to send it back to the manufacturer twice. but its {censored}ing fantastic sounding. that second delay layer is tits.

Archived