Songs with ring modulation

Rizza

• Members

Karlheinz Stockhausen's song Mixtur was one of the first compositions written for both live electronics and orchestra, it is based around ring modulators, sine waves, 5 orchestral groups and a structure he created called Moment form (which is essentially smaller, singular pieces of music within a bigger unit that could function independently but are combined in strings to create an entire work and provide several arrangement options). For this piece he used mics to record the different orchestra sections, mixed them and ran it all through ring mods, he made several other works prominently featuring them such as Mantra. As a composer he was truly fearless and actually "experimental", Mixtur is a song of great imagination and Stockhausen is one of the most important composers of the last century. I can't find the clip I am looking for of this piece but will keep searching, this was actually the only one I could find so it will have to do for now. Maybe try Pandora or some other streaming site to hear a better version.

:wave:

[video=youtube;oEhHj7ZVgsQ]

• Members

I really searched for a ring mod on that them crooked vultures song but all I found was a really low in the mix hard panned to the left fuzzed guitar (not really sure if it's a fuzz) with a cooked wah, is that what you are talking about?

Archived