Getting a Fuller Sound

NeilPeartjr

• Members

Yeah, everything else about the rig ... but also those boxes have a thousand sounds in them. I think you can upgrade the 350 to 355 by software too ... and you can copy the presets from a 350 to a PC and then into a 355 but not the other way around (you have to copy them and reload anyway with the upgrade, but if the 350 guy is happy as is shouldn't upgrade).

• Members

more bass, more mids, maybe a little compression

This.

In my experience preamp gain can go a long way in making your sound fuller. My Peavey tube amp is a 5 watter, and normally I would always run it with the preamp on 1 and the master to the required volume (in part because the preamp overdrive on this amp isn't very nice), but recently I've been diming the preamp and getting my clean sound with the volume knob. It sounds so much fuller this way. I wish it had a loop though, as this arrangement does mean that I can't use my delay.

• Members

Mids

This. I'm guessing you've got too "full" a sound already with lots of high end and lots of low end, covering the harmonic spectrum when instead you need to stand out somewhere in the mid range.

Archived