Josh said it was okay... (Ekko 919 Content)

Phil O'Keefe

• Members

memory boy deluxe?

I mean yea it doesn't have the NOS buckets etc but it has a lot of awesome features too... I certainly consider it "remotely comparable"
:idk:

this does look awesome tho, great job malekko!

Meh... The 919 is a more tweakable where it counts imho... but yeah, I guess the MM deluxe is the relatively closest.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If it's over $250 I probably won't even consider it.

This. Too many good options out there already as it is. If it's under though I'd be hard pressed to warrant keeping my Maxon AD900 and I might just invest in a cheap DM-3 for the lofi stuff and pick up the Malekko for general usage. FFS I've been waiting for this for so long and I remembered a smaller enclosure when it was first made 'public' (obviously now proved to be faux) and actually PREFER that. Anything bigger and you may as well stick to the already tried and trusted.

• Members

This. Too many good options out there already as it is. If it's under though I'd be hard pressed to warrant keeping my Maxon AD900 and I might just invest in a cheap DM-3 for the lofi stuff and pick up the Malekko for general usage. FFS I've been waiting for this for so long and I remembered a smaller enclosure when it was first made 'public' (obviously now proved to be faux) and actually PREFER that. Anything bigger and you may as well stick to the already tried and trusted.

Man. Sure are a lot of guys incredibly overly-sore about a leaked photo from years ago.

For the record, Malekko didn't hype the 919... that {censored} was leaked... and the enclosure is the same size. :facepalm:

Once again, for the options that are available, and for the quality Malekko is known for... even if it was $500 I think the price it worth the price of admission.

I mean, if you are already in love with the delay you use, sure, forget about it... but otherwise why complain about a great product that is coming to market that I'm sure a lot of people will get great use out of. :love:

• Members

Man. Sure are a lot of guys incredibly overly-sore about a leaked photo from years ago.

For the record, Malekko didn't hype the 919... that {censored} was leaked... and the enclosure is the same size.
:facepalm:

Once again, for the options that are available, and for the quality Malekko is known for... even if it was $500 I think the price it worth the price of admission.

I mean, if you are already in love with the delay you use, sure, forget about it... but otherwise why complain about a great product that is coming to market that I'm sure a lot of people will get great use out of.
:love:

Eh?

I don't give two {censored}s what anyone else said man. I saw the OP's post and posted a reply. Why would you choose to come to the conclusion that I am complaining about the product? I said I preferred the other one for the size. I did not say that it was big. I think you really need a life and stop jumping on everyone's case every opportunity you get. Fine, cool, you're tight with Malekko. People are entitled to opinions. I thought the other one was smaller from HOWEVER MANY YEARS (two or sommin?!) it's been since it's initial announcement whether by accident or not. I was mistaken.

You-Win-an-Internet.jpg

Now for the... na'ah, let 'em answer for me...

• Members

What if it was under $300? I'm not sure the cost, but I think even $300 would be worth it for the features. I mean what else out there analog is even remotely comparable at the $300 price range?

I'm sure it sounds great and is worth whatever they end up charging, but I'm just not as much of a delay nut as I used to be. I mean, I just bought a DD7 for $100 and it does everything I need a delay to do.

• Members

Meh... The 919 is a more tweakable where it counts imho... but yeah, I guess the MM deluxe is the relatively closest.

Yeah, tweakability can be good, and it does have some cool features, but to me there is a line to walk

most of the "super tweakable" pedals I've ever owned either just don't have a core sound that I like (and no tweaking can fix that) or only ending up having one or two things that were really useable.

and you can keep throwing features in there and keep raising the price but at some point it becomes less accessible and more than most people need.

I mean, most people don't need S/H, sure throw it in for free and it's cool, tack on $100 for it and it might not work :idk: Eventually you will alienate most of the consumers, leaving it for the "tweakers" only.

The kitchen sink syndrome can have rapidly diminishing returns IMO

• Members

If it's over $250 I probably won't even consider it.

Yeah $250ish seems a fair price. That's probably what it'll be I'd think. One thing about Malekko is their usage of fair prices for the most part.

I mean, that's why the Omicrons are so {censored}ing awesome, a trifecta: Delicious analog circuitry, microscopic footprint, pricetag that matches the footprint. A company like, Mad Professor, Dr. Scientist, or ZVEX would put a $200 minimum on them things. So, I wouldn't fret the price news too much. I'd guess 275.

Who else thinks they'll try to Omicron the 616? :idea: Heh, 5 little tiny knobs (like the mod adjusters on the 616) sticking out of an omicron type enclosure.

I'm much more excited to see what other Omicrons they've come out with.

I mean we only know about the E Filter, thats 1/7 of the info I CRAVE!!!!

• Members

I guess 250$ is what we would like to see, but old ekko 600 were that with bare specs.. I see a -NOS chips 1 second analog tap tempo fully featured delay- more close to 350$. But it could also be 450$!

Did you notice the OTHER delay box on the corner??

• Members

919 looks cool. I'm pretty set with all my delays (Timefactor, Montavillian) but I hope the result of this coming out is that a few people will put their E600's up for sale in the spam thread to fund this. Then maybe I can finally get one.

Archived