Guitar Center whyyyyyyyyyy

Operator

• Members

The used DE-7 I ordered last Friday didn't show up, so I called to see what the deal was. Apparently--despite having two different phone conversations with them last week wherein they told me they shipped it out to me--they sold it and shipped it to someone else completely. I was counting on it for a gig tonight. They told me they'd call me back after they "look into it," but frankly, I'm not expecting them to follow through.

Now MF and GC aren't stocking DE-7s anymore, and I missed that Stupid Deal of the Day earlier in the week when they were going for $50 new.

Now what the {censored} do I do?

• Members

The used DE-7 I ordered last Friday didn't show up, so I called to see what the deal was. Apparently--despite having two different phone conversations with them last week wherein they told me they shipped it out to me--they sold it and shipped it to someone else completely. I was counting on it for a gig tonight. They told me they'd call me back after they "look into it," but frankly, I'm not expecting them to follow through.

Now MF and GC aren't stocking DE-7s anymore, and I missed that Stupid Deal of the Day earlier in the week when they were going for $50 new.

Now what the {censored} do I do?

which GC was it, because I got my $30 De-7 in the mail yesterday :eek:

• Members

which GC was it, because I got my $30 De-7 in the mail yesterday
:eek:

It was some branch an hour south of Boston. You son of a bitch! :mad::cry:

I don't know any guitarists in this city. I guess I'll walk to a different store and get some other delay pedal. But which?

• Members

Yea I have been after them to create a coherent web based purchase and shipping solution for their used section for a while. I don't want to deal with Captain Douchey over the phone, and it would prevent stuff like this.

The used items section is a fairly new feature that GC IT is still ironing out, hence why it's such a cluster{censored}. It's just as much a pain for GC employees as it is for anyone else.

• Members

It was some branch an hour south of Boston. You son of a bitch!
:mad::cry:

I don't know any guitarists in this city. I guess I'll walk to a different store and get some other delay pedal. But which?

That would most likely be North Attleboro. The people that work there are all {censored}ing idiots. Fact. The manager tried to tell me that a Jazzmaster was a Les Paul copy, and that they are collectively bad guitars. Winnnnnnarrrrrr.

• Members

It was some branch an hour south of Boston. You son of a bitch!
:mad::cry:

North Attleboro? I was just there!

• Members

That's a good choice IMHO. My memory toy is great for edge-of oscillation sounds. There are some tips around for tweaking the trimpots if you're wanting to optimise it for your playing - the mod was way too much on mine when I got it, small trimpot tweak and its perfect, and mine didn't self-oscillate when I got it, small tweak and now it does!

Steve

Archived