Delays with built in loopers (looper times)

Johansolo

• Members

so ive owned several...Boss DD20, Line6 DL4, Akai Headrush E2 and currently eventide timefactor.

jsut wanted to get a rough idea of what the others ones currently available (im itching to get my hands on the TC flashback) and what the max loop times are

off the top of my head...the ones ive owned are...

DD20 - 23sec

DL4 - 14secs (with ability to do half speed of 28sec?)_

Headrush - 20sec

Timefactor 12secs? with ability to have more (sacrifice loop quality)

what bout the -

Digitech hardwire delay/looper - 20sec?

Boss DD-7 - ?

anything else?

please correct me if im wrong on any ive listed

• Members

so ive owned several...Boss DD20, Line6 DL4, Akai Headrush E2 and currently eventide timefactor.

jsut wanted to get a rough idea of what the others ones currently available (im itching to get my hands on the TC flashback) and what the max loop times are

DD20 - 23sec

DL4 - 14secs
(with ability to do half speed of 28sec?)_

Headrush - 20sec

what bout the -

Boss DD-7 - ?

anything else?

If this is a question, yes it does do 28 seconds.

• Members

If this is a question, yes it does do 28 seconds.

its been around 5years+ since i last owned the DL4.

im starting to rember playing chord progressions really quickly to fit it in...and then hitting the half speed function.

i really liked the layout of the controls/stomps of the DL4, but required the extra connectivity features of the DD20...but im glad i ended up with the timefactor...its the best of both worlds and then some (imo)

but im building a second board...so id like to get something else...having recently sold my headrush E2 (due to size)

• Members

looper times was the main dealmaker for me when i was looking at time i narrowed it down to the Line 6 DL4, the Hardwire Delay & the SMMwH.

i thought that the time for the Line 6 DL4 was 16 secs & i didn't know that you could extend it in the lofi setting or whatever its called. & i still hear conflicting information about how many secs that it actually is but apparently it is under 30 secs.

• Members

im used to the hold, ive been using it for 3-4 years, it was actually the first looper i had, so it came naturally, HOWEVER now that i've tried a few others, and own an el cap there is no denying that tap on/tap off can be alot easier to get 'dead on the beat' than lifting up on a down beat....but yeah i agree, its an awesome pedal, one of my all time favorite effects and way way WAY underrated in the looper/delay market. YMMV.

• Members

DD20 - 23sec

DL4 - 14secs (with ability to do half speed of 28sec?)_

Headrush
- 20sec

what bout the -

Boss DD-7 - ?

anything else?

F

A

I

L

Archived