What Roland effects device could this be??

blueballoon

• Members

A guy on the local classifieds has what he's calling a vintage Roland Reverb/Chorus for sale. I talked to him on the phone and am supposed to meet him in a couple hours, but I couldn't figure out exactly what device he has from his description.

Here's what he told me about it:

-tolex'd

-has reverb, chorus and echo

-is vintage

-sits on a desk

-does not have a digital display

any clues?

• Members

perhaps more importantly, while i was at the gas station waiting for Mr. Roland to show up.... i got propositioned by a young female who was looking to party/get effed up all night and just have a good time. she was like, "so what are you doing tonight" and i was like "im here to see a man about some guitar equipment"

and she was like "uh-huh. so r u down?"

and i was like "WELP I THINK THATS HIM ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PRKNG LOT G2G"

csb.

• Members

i have the dc-50, the "reverb" hall echo is {censored}. the chorus is the CE-1 circuit i believe. that part sounds awesome. and it looks {censored}ing cool.

the reverb hall is just a short analog delay or slapback. the chorus is amazing..it DOES sound like my old ce-1s, maybe a bit more ce2-ish, but on a big amp sounds so good. and yes it looks {censored}ing cool above my re201

• Members

yep, that's it being employed as a full time monitor stand. it's my first piece of dedicated outboard recording gear, which is pretty cool. it adds a nice air to acoustic guitar recordings. i got it for $40.

i'm guessing they're $150-200 normally? Not a lot of info on them out there. Also, the thing says digital on it but it rly doesn't sound digital to me :idk:

Archived