Chorus before, or after dirt?

companyman

• Members

I agree with a lot of what is said on this board, but the views on chorus have always been weird to me. So chorus is lame but it's ok to go gaga over modulated delay and reverb?
:idk:

yeah, just waiting for the knee-jerk reaction to pitchshifting reverb and mode7/HOG/POG stuff to happen....

• Members

I got one of those Starcaster Chorus pedals from BestBuy.com for $7.

Put it after my dirt for practice and set the settings to max.

Sounded cool for noise bits.

don't underestimate the power of this cheap lil bastard. A seriously quiet chorus, that you can actually control hi/lo eq AND mix plus depth/rate!!

Sounds good for what it is. Kinda has an old school chorus sound, plus its analog. If you're looking for the gigantic crazy warbly stuff, it doesnt do it, but if you want a nice chorus, it definitely works in that department.

• Members

don't underestimate the power of this cheap lil bastard. A seriously quiet chorus, that you can actually control hi/lo eq AND mix plus depth/rate!!

Sounds good for what it is. Kinda has an old school chorus sound, plus its analog. If you're looking for the gigantic crazy warbly stuff, it doesnt do it, but if you want a nice chorus, it definitely works in that department.

this intrigues me....is the bypass awful? I find often with cheap pedals this is the case. That is a great amount of control!

• Members

this intrigues me....is the bypass awful? I find often with cheap pedals this is the case. That is a great amount of control!

the bypass is dead quiet, no clock noise or tone loss. Surprisingly good for what it is, and I have way more expensive & boutique chorus's that this thing {censored}s all over, in terms of tone and control.

• Members

The bypass is fine on mine :idk:. It does great basic chorus sounds, but as mentioned before, don't expect it to do all the crazy {censored}.

Archived