NGD: TELECASTER NO. 2

• Members

this finally arrived in the post yesterday, shipeed over from the US of A

got this from MJT on ebay, i'd been looking at there bodies for a while and finally saw a kit which i liked the look of, and i still had some pickups and electronics lying around from a previous tele 'build'

the nut still needs a little work, which i will finish tonight, and just a final setup, but already the thing plays really well.

its pretty realistic looking for a 'relic' , the neck is maybe a touch slimmer than i was hoping for, but overall a bargain, plays great, sounds great, anyway pics:

img1077s.jpg

By foamoi_refreshe at 2011-03-16

img1078qr.jpg

By foamoi_refreshe at 2011-03-16

i will hopefully take some more later tonight, once its fully setup and played for a few hours, i will try and get some close ups for the 'relicing' and especially the checking on the body and headstock

• Members

How did you like the deal with MJT? I've been eyeing them for a build lately and wanted to get some feedback.

its was spot on dealing with MJT, i myself had been eyeing them up for about a year and i had some spare cash so i just jumped on it. there ebay feedback is fantastic. both the bodt and the neck are allparts (which are fantastic), the bridge is a fender bridge, the rest of the hardware i think is unbranded. the tuning keys hold tune well, the nut was not installed as ive already said, but a bit of research and a few of tools and some patience easily did the job. the finish is GREAT, its not over the top at all, and all looks pretty natural wear, its feels really comfortable to play.

next job is a decal ive designed, which should be going on tonight ...

i will update with some more pics, and maybe some clips of how it sounds very soon

• Members

Sweet, but I'm a sucker for relic'd teles as most people know. Don't tell SAL, oh wait, never mind.

Anyways, great looking tele, love the double bound too. The neck looks very nice, usually one of the nicest things about relic'd guitars, their necks have such a lovely worn in feel. Mine is pretty chunky, but I love that. Thinner is nice too, when you gotta play a bit faster. Enjoy!

Archived