Most Likely Moving to Chicago this summer.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rent is going up in Logan Square...it's quickly becoming the new 'hip' hood in the vein of Wicker Park. I lived in Logan 2 years ago and when it came time to renew the lease, my landlord tried to increase my rent by $100/mo. I said f/u and moved to the south side where it's actually still affordable.

Out of the 3 hoods you listed, I would go with Ukrainian Village. It's a little cheaper than Logan and Bucktown, but it's still in a good central location. Plus it's home to my favorite Chicago record store, Permanent Records!

• Members

good luck w/ that bro. i betcha 5 years from now the whole of the city of chicago is gonna end up looking like Williamsburg or something.

Haha. I don't see it happening in places like Englewood or Austin anytime soon.

• Members

Out of the 3 hoods you listed, I would go with Ukrainian Village. It's a little cheaper than Logan and Bucktown, but it's still in a good central location. Plus it's home to my favorite Chicago record store, Permanent Records!

This. West Town is pretty nice, too.

• Members

I'm hopefully going to work on the west side, and possibly go to grad school downtown.

Then be close to what is definite if possible in any way... I had a job 9 miles away from where I lived and no matter what it was at minimum a 1 hour commute no matter which method I tried- talk about using up a lot of your say- especially if you are going to be grad schooling it too like I was.

Archived