NGD! Thrift store Silvertone 1454 content(pic)

• Members

So the g/f and I go out to breakfast Saturday and while waiting for the food I happen to start checking out craigslist. Went through the Mass. listings nothing too great so I start to look at New Hampshire. Posted in the gear section is a hollow body guitar at a thrift store in Conchord,NH for 50 bucks the included picture was small but I could kind of make out what it was. So having not much planned we finish breakfast and head out to NH. We get to the thrift store and it's a good condition silvertone 1454, the only problem being the lady had sold it. We proceed to meander around the store when my g/f says to the lady "did the guy pay you yet?". Turns out he didn't and she was holding it till tuesday. The g/f offers her 70 cash she accepts and off we ran with the new addition. It's missing the bar for the Bigsby, but I should have a replacement in a couple days. Here a crappy Iphone pic.

photo1.jpg' alt='>'>

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It plays awesome could probably use a setup for a tweak or two. The guitar itself sounds awesome, it has one of the best neck pickups I have heard for my sound anyway. Big clear and beefy clean and warm and woolly distorted. A little noisy pickup wise running through a fuzz or distortion, but I expected that. So far played it through my 72 V4 and and a princeton reverb.

"guy who had it on hold will be pissed"

I did feel a little guilty, but he should have payed over the phone with a credit care I guess. The lady wants to sell it, I drove and hour and had cash the same day she's trying to get rid of it. At least that's how I justify it too myself....

• Members

Wait, so you're waiting on breakfast with your gf and instead of talking to her you're on your phone? And she helps you get the guitar? {censored}, you have the most understanding gf ever or you're really good at tossing her salad. My gf would have slapped me the minute I pulled out my phone.

• Members

what can he do? he didn't pay a deposit, OP had the cash ready.

that's business.

If he's psycho enough to google who "stole" his guitar after the verbal contract to hold it was violated, he could be psycho enough to do just about anything. :eek:

• Members

Since the g/f payed for it as a gift for me to inspire me to write with her he would have to go through her. So good luck to him with that. I could easily see her hitting him with my iceman she hates that guitar

Iceman, eh? What year? I had a late '70s model that was an awesome, wonderful guitar!

Archived