NPD x2 Craigslist score vintage rat and vintage small stone $50(pic)

• Members

Picked these up a few days ago. Found an ad that didn't mention much about pedals in the title. Ended up getting the Rat which is an 86 or 87 for $35 and the small stone for $15. Both work awesome small stone just needs the battery clip resoldered. I bought them to flip but I may keep the Rat and sell my keeley modded Rat 2. I'm not a big small stone guy and already have one so that's probably going at some point.

photo2.jpg

• Members

That was on the local CL? Dammit.

Yep on the Boston CL. I have found that the Boston titles and descriptions suck so I've made it a habit to search specific terms such as rat and go through all the ads regardless of how tedious it can be to go through ad after ad for overpriced rat 2's. These pedals were buried at the end of an ad that was heavy on metalzones and old digitech pedals.

I always thought the vintage rat hype was just hype by I'm sold. It's supposed to be the same circuit as the white face and while not as versatile as the keeley moddded rat 2 it's worlds less harsh to my ears. Now I don't know if I would pay the going eBay rat for a vintage rat, but they do sound better to me.

• Members

Picked these up a few days ago. Found an ad that didn't mention much about pedals in the title. Ended up getting the Rat which is an 86 or 87 for $35 and the small stone for $15. Both work awesome small stone just needs the battery clip resoldered. I bought them to flip but I may keep the Rat and sell my keeley modded Rat 2. I'm not a big small stone guy and already have one so that's probably going at some point.

photo2.jpg

You're the {censored}er who got this stuff? I saw this ad, the guy from Plymouth, MA. I emailed him but got no response, and I live in Nashua, so I asked if he would ship. I think that's what made him turn me away :mad:

• Members
You're the {censored}er who got this stuff? I saw this ad, the guy from Plymouth, MA. I emailed him but got no response, and I live in Nashua, so I asked if he would ship. I think that's what made him turn me away
:mad:

That would in fact be these. I was surprised I e-mailed on a Friday and the ad had been up for 3-4 days at that point. I didn't think he would still have them. I was going to drive down to plymouth Saturday morning to get them, but he e-mailed back to say he was going to be in Brockton Saturday morning for work so I could meet him there. Which was great as I was just about too hungover to get out of bed let alone drive to Plymouth.

• Members

I haven't lived in Brockton for like 6 years I'm just too Lazy to change my location. Still I live in Braintree right off of rt.3 so the west side of Brockton is 10 minutes if that. Much better than Plymouth. I never really get great deals, but for some reason in the last three weeks I've scored:

-New in box with warranty Pigtronix Aria for $75 at a guitar show
-Silvertone 1454 for $70
- then these two for 50
So I would say all in all I had a pretty good three week hall for a little less than $200

Archived