Paris, Saturday.

Loobs

• Members

Yay. :wave:

Recommendations? My gf is over there staying with her Father for a couple of weeks. He lives in Chatillon, just South-West of central Paris so I'm going on Saturday to stay for 4 days.

Musee D'Orsay is on my list as is the Louvre. Any other cool slightly different things that I should do? Done most of the touristy stuff in previous visits, but haven't been in 5 years or so.

• Members

The Sacre Coeur is good if you like that stuff, you can go to Monmartre as well as it's near. If you are brave you can hire a push bike from one of the machines. I didnt.

• Members

Montmartre is the {censored}. Loads of cool shops, loads of french hipsters.

The Louvre is insanely big and near impossible to do on a single day. Stuff really gets boring after the 54th Rubens painting. The Mona Lisa hall is hilarious because there are hundreds of people staring at a small, guarded square while there is a gorgeous wall filling painting right behind them :D.

Go check out the Notre-Dame and its neighborhood, the Champs Elysees for the insanely big shops and the area around the Moulin Rouge for some weird as {censored} sex shops.

If you have time left, go to the Pere Lachaise cemetery but be sure to take a map because it's insanely big and easy to get lost. It's like an entire village, with roads and everything but filled with graves of famous people. Really impressive.

• Members

Loved up Loobs is loved up.... Random one Loobs... take her to Brugges.... MUCH better than Paris

What? Brugges is a {censored}hole

425.in.bruges.010808.jpg

Let It Burn pretty much hit the nail on the head when it comes to Paris. Although when i go to a place for a second time, i pretty much like to chill and soak up the atmosphere.

• Members
What? Brugges is a {censored}hole

425.in.bruges.010808.jpg

Let It Burn pretty much hit the nail on the head when it comes to Paris. Although when i go to a place for a second time, i pretty much like to chill and soak up the atmosphere.

:D

Awesome film!

I prefer the people, vibe, food and feel of Brugges... Even Brussells is pretty good man... I had some Beef Stew thing with Fries and {censored}ing hell man, probably the nicest thing I have ever eaten... BIEKE! GET IN HERE!

• Members

Would love to go to Bruges at some point.

Definitely wanna check out MontMartre, I guess we'll do the Champs Elysees, maybe the Sacre Coeur. Last time I was in Paris we went to the Catacombs, that was very cool.

Would also like to hire one of the bikes too.

• Members

Bruges is a {censored}hole. And that's coming from a belgian. The stew thing is called Stoofvlees and yeah it's awesome. It's meat with a dark-beer sauce, some sirup and french fries.

Brussels is another {censored}hole. You can see it once was a great city but it aged terribly. I hate going there. Antwerp and Ghent is where it's at

• Members

My Dad was saying that he really enjoyed Antwerp and Ghent. he has a friend that owns a bar/restaurant in Antwerp who took him to see Leonard Cohen in Ghent last year or so. That being said, most people say that Bruges is beautiful.

• Members

i live close to Brugge (15mins)... it's mainly a city to walk around with your partner and drink obscure beer... it's a small city... they have the new concert building for some classical music/dance/etc.. but other then that... drinking beer... it's a real tourist city..

• Members

Being a tourist, its fine :)

I guess its the same as us Londoners saying, "London's a {censored}hole, why would you wanna come here"... Personally, I absolutely loved Brugge, loved the beers and food (thanks for the name of that stew Let it Burn!) and would deffo go back. I didnt find it expensive at all...

But yea, Antwerp and Ghent are next on my hitlist...

Also, Delerium... amazing bar, over 2500 beers and you can smoke inside... :)

• Members

Me and my wife were in Paris last weekend, loved it!

Probably the most impressive thing was Versailles. If you're an EU citizen under 26 you can get in for free. Train ride costs a few euros, you'll get the return ticket cheaper if you show your used ticket stub.

Les Puces de Saint-Ouen (flea market) was great as well, if you want to see beautiful antique furniture / other vintage stuff. No guitar stuff, though.

• Members

Me and my wife were in Paris last weekend, loved it!

Probably the most impressive thing was Versailles. If you're an EU citizen under 26 you can get in for free. Train ride costs a few euros, you'll get the return ticket cheaper if you show your used ticket stub.

Les Puces de Saint-Ouen (flea market) was great as well, if you want to see beautiful antique furniture / other vintage stuff. No guitar stuff, though.

Yup, went to Versailles last time with the ex, really stunning. The gardens especially.

Archived