Which of these reverb pedals?? Too many to choose from!

• Members

Down to 4:

TC Hall of Fame

Neunaber WET Reverb

Digitech Hardwire RV-7

EHX Cathedral

Any opinions on these? I think realistic spring, hall and plate tones would be important, and the other features for ambiance music would just be for kicks to mess around with.

Edit: Anyone try the Vanamps solemate?

• Members

Cathedral is my least favorite of this bunch, though it isn't bad at all, just wasn't my thing. And I haven't tried the Wet. Hof is great, really digging mine. I recall the RV-7 also being quite good. If spring mode is your bag, the Hardwire might be the better of the two. But the cathedral, plate, hall, modulation mode of the HoF are all winners, and the toneprint option is great for future expansion.

• Members

ive had the RV7, it was ok for the more extreme stuff but overall didnt really like it too much. right now have a RV5 just for modulate mode and a wet. i think for a plate tone the wet stacks up nicely compared to the BSR i had. i haven't tried the cathedral or HOF.

• Members

Down to 4:

TC Hall of Fame

Neunaber WET Reverb

Digitech Hardwire RV-7

EHX Cathedral

Any opinions on these? I think realistic spring, hall and plate tones would be important, and the other features for ambiance music would just be for kicks to mess around with.

My choice: HOF. Have it and love it :aok

WET is my second choice. but it will not give all reverb types You need.

• Members

Yeah from all the demos I listened to I feel like the HOF didn't have a great spring mode, but the other stuff sounded pretty good. Anyone try the VanAmps Sole-mate? That sounds like a great spring reverb but might be a one trick pony...

• Members

3 different modes, each with 3 different sub-modes. A saved setting and the one on the knobs allows you to have two totally different reverbs with the touch of a switch. Not to mention brilliant tone on almost any setting.

I'd say so. But it's also more than I'd need. All depends on what you're using it for.

• Members

I wasn't fond of the WET.... didn't sound natural at all. The RV-7 is kinda cool, but I'd be hard pressed not to take the HOF from that list. Haven't played the Cathedral... sounds pretty cool in the demos, but the preset system isn't appealing at all.

The RRR sounds awesome... a bit limited compared to the BSR, but also easier to use. The SPACE is fantastic though. Better design than anything else currently available IMO. Probably out of your pricerange based on the others, but it's amazing. The BSR is good too, but for all the control in there, only having one preset is a detriment.

• Members

I'm leaning towards the TC HOF now. Not a huge fan of the WET's sound from the demos I've heard. Cathedral not the most realistic according to most people I've heard from. RV7 seems like a good choice but the TC just seems like a more versatile version but has similar tone? The BSR would be my top choice (that shimmer effect is really cool too) but really not worth that much money, especially for my purposes.

Archived