Bands that are awesome, but the singer just drags them down......

companyman

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

U2 (Bonio may once have been a great singer, but a few cigars later, not so much...)

RHCP

Muse

Anything recent involving Chris Cornell, unless he's improved dramatically

Metallica (not that that says a great deal :lol:)

Van Halen (Sorry, but DLR never could sing :o)

RATM (ZdlR was pretty horrible on the live album, especially in his attempts to sing)

• Members

I like Bono's voice, so that should scuttle any credibility I might have had.....I also think Chris Cornell has one the best voices in rock music, his voice is the same as it was in 1990, I watched a recent live vid, and couldn't believe how powerful his voice still is. He has been doing that since 1986 or so, hasn't lost his range at all.

[video=youtube;crILNt7-kj8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crILNt7-kj8

seriously, Cornell is 46 in that ....amazing to me at 43.

• Members

I also think Chris Cornell has one the best voices in rock music, his voice is the same as it was in 1990, I watched a recent live vid, and couldn't believe how powerful his voice still is. He has been doing that since 1986 or so, hasn't lost his range at all.

Totally agree.

• Members
companyman, I would agree that Morissey's singing gets old for me really fast. But Bryan Ferry? Geddy Lee? Robert Plant? Jack White?

GTFO!!!

:idk:

I listen to Zeppelin quite a bit, I still cringe every single time Plant opens his mouth. Bryan Ferry sounds like cheesy lounge singer to me, and Jack White and Geddy Lee.....eeeeew. :lol:

Archived