A Question....

companyman

• Members

in my opninon you have two types.

1. The hyped to the masses. Sadly there are pro's and cons. One being that the person might have actually worked their ass off instead of sucking dick.

2. The unnoticed or non-acknowledged that produce absolute quality that will never get the exposure they need or deserve.

That said. Art as a statement and worth is in the eye of the beholder. Whether or not its a trend or "deemed" godlike by some "proffesional"

At this point in my life i feel anything being deserved to be called art or someone as an artist has put in their worth. Meaning the music, film, paintings, and photography that i consider to be, its not only an outlet of the artist but i connect with it. Which makes it art in my opinion.

• Members

Two thoughts...

1 Conky's "I do what I do" is IMHO relevant because the whole labelling thing is bollocks. I play guitar, some like my playing, many more do not.

2 Calling oneself something is defining yourself by that attribute. I can play drums, row a boat, draw and do a bit of gardening. None of those things define me. I play guitar, I am a guitarist, I am a musician.

Archived