Hey Phil! Just read your EQ pedal article in MF

jcksn1234

• Members

I've been doing that for years. An easy way to get acoustic tones when dirt is off and metally tones when it's on.

Off topic: You still get a paper copy of Musician's Friend? I've signed up a dozen times to try to receive it again, but no luck.

• Members

I've been doing that for years. An easy way to get acoustic tones when dirt is off and metally tones when it's on.

Off topic: You still get a paper copy of Musician's Friend? I've signed up a dozen times to try to receive it again, but no luck.

get that {censored} all the time. send you them when im done with them ha

• Members

Yeah I read it too a few days ago.

I always put EQ after dirt, to mold the dirt how I want it. Never understood the point of putting EQ pre-dirt till I read that article.

The dynamic possibilities are huge being able to drive certain frequencies harder over others.

Thanks for that Phil

• Members

I flipped though the catalog earlier and saw that. I though "cool. EQ pedals don't get the respect they deserve. They are pretty useful devices."

then I looked up at who wrote it and though "hey, that name sounds familiar! :eekphil: "

• Members

I flipped though the catalog earlier and saw that. I though "cool. EQ pedals don't get the respect they deserve. They are pretty useful devices."

then I looked up at who wrote it and though "hey, that name sounds familiar!
:eekphil:
"

the only reason i read it was because i saw phil did it!

• Members

EQ pedals are a LOT of fun, and are great when you have to use different MAPS at gigs and rehearsals/studios.

i like the Fromel Shape EQ and the BJFe Sea Blue Eq - those are both SWEET. also that old TC parametric EQ from the 80s was delicious. and everybody had an MXR 6 band EQ back in "the day"

• Moderators

where can I read it from?.. 0ther and the actual mag

The catalogs used to be online and you could look through them, but I could not find a link to it when I searched just now. MF recently redesigned their site and it was either left off or moved.

regards, Jack

• Members

oooooh how you do dat? also yeah i have been getting them for years, i think before i even bought any guitar stuff!

Mainly you scoop out your mids and boost highs and lows to taste. Gets you close enough to serve the same function as an acoustic, especially in a full band context.

Archived