Digital delays

El Parto

• Members

Hay you guys. Do you have a preference for digital delays? If so, drop some dope science on me. I've been using a Malekko Ekko for a while, but wanting to mix in a little different sound. Just looking to see if there were any dig delays you all were particularly fond of?

• Members

Depends on what you want. If you want a workhorse with standard sounds done really well, check out the Nova Delay...it also has presets and some great dual delay sounds. If you don't need presets check out the Nova Repeater or Flashback. (all by TC Electronic)

Boss is also a staple....the DD series has pedals for every need, from basic (DD3) to more setting and weird sounds (DD6 or 7) to presets with extra features (DD20)

Electro Harmonix has the Stereo Memory Man with Hazari that has the normal stuff plus some really fun extras that are quite spacey.

Then you have the high end stuff like the Pigtroix Echolution (analog/digital hybrid), Eventide Timefactor, Empress Super Delay and the soon to be released and much hyped Strymon Timeline.

There's a lot of delay....all depends what you want/need in a delay

• Members

there are way too many delays out there to be able to advise you without knowing more about what sounds and features you want. Tonnes of cool pedals that dont' break the bank these days though, so let us know what you're looking for and I'm sure we can make some good suggestions for you.

• Members

Thanks guys. I am really into some spaced-out stuff atm. I'm not looking to flavor what I play so much as totally get weird with {censored}.

I'd definitely recommend the Electro Harmonix Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai then. One of the weirdest delays out there.

• Members
remember a couple of years ago. like i wanna say 5 years ago. EVERYBODY had/wanted a Line 6 DL4. boy what a difference a half-a-decade makes...

well.....yeah? :rolleyes:

you do realize how many new delay pedals came out in those 5 years, not to mention the M9 and M13....people still love those delay sounds the DL4 has, but they're buying the M9/M13 instead....5x the effects for only 2x the price plus more presets and a looper.

• Members

I use a Pigtronix Echolution, Its digital, although it does claim to be analog. I'm not quiet sure how it claims this. But I like this delay a lot; I happen to like the split divides and the looper; you can get some strange sounds. The Boss DD-20 is also a great Digital Delay for the money, full of great sounds.

• Members

When I use delay (all the time. {censored}ing help me!) I use the DD-20. Out of all the digital delays I've tried (not all, but timefactor, dl-4, a couple of rack ones, and single stomps like dd-3 etc) it sounds the best to me, though it doesn't do wierd sounds very well. Just solid digital delay and little change to your direct tone.

• Members
well.....yeah?
:rolleyes:

you do realize how many new delay pedals came out in those 5 years, not to mention the M9 and M13....people still love those delay sounds the DL4 has, but they're buying the M9/M13 instead....5x the effects for only 2x the price plus more presets and a looper.

yeah i know right its mindboggling. so many great options now.

• Members

Digital delay just works for me. I'd love to own a nice analog (Memory Man, DM-2, etc), but it would be an additional sound.

...And my favourite is the old Boss DD-2/original spec DD-3/'big chip'. It just sounds so good. Pretty warm, and not exactly hi-fi.

Though I do like really good digital delays with pristine repeats; I could use one for some things I think. :thu:

Archived