Analog Delay Pedals for mucho cheapo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's plenty of old obscure Japanese {censored} on eBay that's probably made with the same parts as a boss dm-2 - aria, Washburn, vestax and the like. Or the ibanez delay champ, Maxon ad-01, maybe a pearl delay. The bottom fell out on that market years ago, so you should have no trouble finding something in that price range.

• Members

Some good suggestions.

Another one to look out for is the DOD Fx90.

This. I found one on the spam thread for $45. I found another one on another forum for $15 that needs 'repair'(trim pot adjustments). Other ones to keep your eyes out for are GIG/Cutec/Locobox/Studio Series AD-01 delays. I used to find them for around $40 all the time. I rehoused and true bypassed a few of them which I should have never sold!! They're great sounding units.

• Members

Wow! I didn't think this many gear geeks would respond! Thank you so much!

The Rocktek Superdelay sounds pretty sweet, but they seem to pretty rare. The Malekko sounds fantastic as well. The Carbon Copy DOES sound good through deluxe reverbs (I demo'd one today). SO MANY CHOICES!

• Members

Some good suggestions.

Another one to look out for is the DOD Fx90.

yes.

and the DD-7 analog mode is great, but you can't make use of tap subdivisions like on the digital modes which is a shame. has regular 1/4 note tap tempo though.

• Members

+Eleventy for the Malekko Ekko 616. I didn't realize it has all the whiz-bang that it did. You have your standard time, mix and regen knobs. The pitch modulation has depth and speed. It can be buffered or true bypass with the press of a tiny button. It's red.

• Members

I bought an AC30HW2X not long ago here for $900. Flipped it for 1150 the next month. There are occasional deals on Kijiji.

You bastard, i saw that one but was in Seattle that week... was going to buy it if it was still listed when i got back... Then i saw the second listing for i think it was 1200 like a week later... Why the flip? I have the Ac15hw1 version and its great.

• Members

:poke:

I use a DD-7 on analog mode all the time, I think it sounds great! But I don't really think it sounds like an actual analog delay.

It all comes down to taste though, like you said.

It's certainly better than my old DM-3. I don't really tend to like proper analogue delays though.

• Members

I had the CC and the 616. I sold the 616.

I've had both, not at the same time. Both V1 versions. The 616 had issues, seems like the modulation is still too wacky. What about the CC did you prefer over the 616? I'm thinking I might try a Memory Boy over either, not sure.

Archived