I want to hear YOUR music

• Members

Here's some samplings of SOME of the different bands I've played and recorded in over the last decade...There are no keyboards or "string" sections on any of the stuff you're about to hear...it's all done with guitar and various effects, bowing, slide, etc.

The Girlfriend Experience

Kiss, Kiss

Thumb

Coke Buddah

Black Diaper

Tokyo Raid

Run So Well

Classic Diversion

She Kills What She Kills

Indulgence

The New Day Breakers

Can't Remember Anything

Drink More Water

Clean Gettaway

Makers & 7

Rasputin Orange

Crawling In The Line

Shalome

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not an original, but just our take on a lovely tune:

The wife and I just covered Pink Floyd's "On the Turning Away" last month for the latest www.shortscale.org compilation.

Uilleann Pipes, whistles, mandolin, dreamy pads, a fake string quartet, and the old Jazzmaster, of course...We once again pulled out all of the stops and overproduced the "better-left-alone" folk tune. http://themajestichigh.bandcamp.com/track/on-the-turning-away-pink-floyd

• Members

I just recorded some songs for {censored}s and giggles. They came out better than expected. You can check them out over here. It is all a bit rough. You can hear the strings of my guitar in the background and not everthing is as tight as it should be. But since I recorded everthing in a 15m2 dormroom with a Zoom H2, it could be worse.

None Survived was described by a friend as a good track for the ending credits of a zombie movie with a bad ending.

Dizzy is my interpetation of a bad LSD trip.

Dhyana is a bit heavier and doomy.

Well it's hardly music to most people but you can check out my ambient noise/drone music here (free download as well if you dig it):

A lot of cool sounds here! What did you use at the 6:00 minute mark of Rift for those siren sounds?

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Good stuff Youngblood. Loving the tones you got there. But yeah, I'd prescribe it as a somewhat noisy instrumental synth-laden post rockish music of some sort.

Either way, I really like what I'm hearing (especially animal planet).

Also, I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but you can hear my music in the link in my sig or at http://soundcloud.com/ilovemyfender1. I'm a sort of indie folkie kinda guy who also does noise and rock music.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 9520575

View Post

I am terrible at defining a genre. Robo cougar is a good name. I'd call it pop music. liked it.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ILOVEMYFENDER

View Post

Good stuff Youngblood. Loving the tones you got there. But yeah, I'd prescribe it as a somewhat noisy instrumental synth-laden post rockish music of some sort.

Either way, I really like what I'm hearing (especially animal planet).

Also, I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but you can hear my music in the link in my sig or at http://soundcloud.com/ilovemyfender1. I'm a sort of indie folkie kinda guy who also does noise and rock music.

see, lotta help! wink.gif haha thanks for the compliments. its difficult when someone point blank asks "well what type of music is it?" i usually just say noise rock.

animal planet was a really old take and the synth player has been battling to get that huge ass tone back ever since.

• Members

I guess today is the day...

(from a session series in Berlin May 2011)

I can link to some recorded material if anybody actually wants to hear it? It has a full band, but I normally would tour solo.

There's a surprise near the end of Up & Down, but I'm sure you've all seen it before.

(Man, I've lost a LOT of weight since then!)

Archived