Red Panda PARTICLE pitch shift/delay pedal

coloringpad

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Red Panda is def a manufacterer people should be keeping a lookout for. They seem to have their heads in the right spot.

I'm so sick of a boutique name starting up building the same old Rat, TS and boost.

• Members

Red Panda is def a manufacterer people should be keeping a lookout for. They seem to have their heads in the right spot.

I'm so sick of a boutique name starting up building the same old Rat, TS and boost.

any news about your vibrato pedal rerelease/second run? :wave:

• Members

recorded a short clip for my girlfriend, figured i'd add it to this thread.

Nice... Rhythmic stuff is good for the pitch delay on the Particle. BTW, I clocked the maximum delay time syncing with quarter notes @ 120 BPM. Very useful for those syncing repeats... When you sweep the delay time its nice to have it fall in with tempo.

• Members

This pedal continues to amaze. Turn off the feedback while freezing sounds for really creative sound processing.

Not 100% sure what you're getting at, but this is from the instructions:

"Audio feedback is disabled in freeze mode to keep things stable."

I saw you adjusting the feedback knob in some of the freeze videos, but there's really no need. I tried an early prototype of the freeze function that left the feedback enabled and things got really loud and out-of-hand, not necessarily in a good way. I'd imagine, if you really wanted it, Curt could re-program your pedal to keep the feedback control enabled during freezing, but you have been warned :)

• Members

Not 100% sure what you're getting at, but this is from the instructions:

"Audio feedback is disabled in freeze mode to keep things stable."

I saw you adjusting the feedback knob in some of the freeze videos, but there's really no need. I tried an early prototype of the freeze function that left the feedback enabled and things got really loud and out-of-hand, not necessarily in a good way. I'd imagine, if you really wanted it, Curt could re-program your pedal to keep the feedback control enabled during freezing, but you have been warned
:)

At 4:29 in the Voice demo I turned up the feedback knob because the delay is kicking in on the Frozen Audio. Sweah I ain't lyin. You can definitely hear lots of echoes after that: of course, the whole some times thing behave beha strangely ly ly is some time hard time time str ttrr some time to strangely hear strangely with all s s so sometimes so that sometimes stran strange strangely is some times going some strange so strange so strange on. Maybe I got a lucky ducky.

• Members

At 4:29 in the Voice demo I turned up the feedback knob because the delay is kicking in on the Frozen Audio. Sweah I ain't lyin.

:)

The feedback is disabled as needed to keep things from getting out of hand. For example, if you go 100% freeze with a ton of feedback it would just turn to mud. But with the freeze function triggered by audio threshold, the feedback can be on sometimes. Which is why coloringpad's choice of source material is so appropriate :thu:

• Members

thanks! and thanks for the twitter linking! i'm trying to get together some favourite settings for a demo. hard to narrow it down!

Yeah, that's the best thing about this pedal; so much sounds good, and everyone can find their own signature sound on it. :thu:

• Members

seriously. this kind of granular delay was exactly one of the things I was aiming for in my own projects, but in hearing the samples, I can't get close to that. want. hard.

Well, I thought you do a good job :idk:

I wanted one of those things dammit, heh.

Archived