Red Panda PARTICLE pitch shift/delay pedal

coloringpad

• Members

This is one of three pedals I have that have an auto-freeze feature: the dep2a and superego are the other two. This is way more useable in the sense that the level/sensitivity of the auto trigger is dependable and accurate. Actually, I've already learned to point the knob notch at the second E in the word freeze, and it picks up everything. The superego has no adjustable level at all. The dep2a is very dependent upon the position of the other knobs.

Will do a "freeze shootout" later. Tired of wrestling the computer today.

So can you have a drone sustained and play over it with your dry signal like the Superego? This thing is super enticing, would love to see that demo...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So can you have a drone sustained and play over it with your dry signal like the Superego? This thing is super enticing, would love to see that demo...

I think you can do that by turning the chop knob fully clockwise. Curt can verify.

• Members

You're talking about the particle? Well, thanks to the miracle of freeze threshold, if you play quieter than what the threshold is set at, and have some of the dry sound blended in, you will hear the dry sound and the "frozen" sound together. It's not going to replace the Superego's smooth looping, though. Also, like coloringpad suggests, once a sound is frozen, you can twist that chop knob to the right, raising the threshold, and play as loud as you normally would while the frozen stuff loops.

Archived