AC30 + DOD 250 + ???????

Johansolo

• Members

what pedal/circuit would you guys recommend with either boosting into or stacking after a DOD250.

using with a vox AC30 verge of breakup/crunch tone...just to give it that extra kick into more higher gain + more sustained/controllable feedback for lead playing??

• Members

I don't know how it would react with the 250 specifically, but I love the Way Huge Pork Loin with my AC15. It's great at doing what you said, just giving it a little extra kick. I've found it to be perfect for goosing another OD or fuzz when I'm using it with my Vox. Plus, it's awesome that they're super cheap.

• Members

personally I'd want something with a bass knob on it because the OD250 robs a little bottom end. all depends on what you're going for though.

I never found this to be the case; I loved the 250 because it accentuated my low end nicely. Maybe the newer ones are different ... ?-E

• Members

I use the DOD 250 with my Dr. Z Stang Ray (BRIGHT amp) with pretty good results. I almost thought about getting another and just using two of them. I set the pedal with the level all the way up, and gain about halfway (maybe a bit less). It sounds pretty good with about any pedal I've ever tried with it - just different depending on what you are looking for. The Hermida Zendrive is pretty cool with the 250, so is the Lovepedal Eternity.

Archived