Z vex mastortion? Any users?

hangwire

• Members

sorry, never gigged with a muff, but as far as I can tell it provides a very full and beefy low end. If someone just wanted more clarity, I would perhaps cut down on the fuzz/dirt level or perhaps kick in my SHO. I still have the pedal, but I've moved on to stack ODs for my current setup.

At the time, I was the only guitar player, though I've rehearsed with another guitarist who used that famous/infamous boss metal pedal, he said that our sound blended well together. I don't use the pedal so much for leads...the sustain gets gated, tho I used a clarinot to boost it and nail a frippertronic type of sound.

good luck, I think this is far as I can help

• Members

I went from a BM -> FF -> Mastotron. It's a nice "working fuzz", that I find very usable/stable, cuts through fine, and easy to dial in. The only downside, is that's it's not a "crazy fuzz," no real wacky sounds from it. Also, I'm unable to get it to cut with humbuckers very well.

• Members

I have used it a lot and I don't know if my pedal is busted, but I can't get it to cut thru the mix on its own. I've put a SHO in front of it so that it boosts the volume of the mastotron

IDK, it could be that my box of rock has just to much imput @10 o clock. but it's horrible to kick the mastotron in and just dissapear :idk:

• Members

but it's horrible to kick the mastotron in and just dissapear
:idk:

I got that the few times I tried to use a little big muff. My drummer was always going USE THE BIG MUFF!!!! IT SOUNDS SO GOOD!!!!

And yeah, on its own it did sound good.

With a band, it sounded like I'd stopped playing guitar and gone backstage to have a shower.

• Members

I have used it a lot and I don't know if my pedal is busted, but I can't get it to cut thru the mix on its own. I've put a SHO in front of it so that it boosts the volume of the mastotron

IDK, it could be that my box of rock has just to much imput @10 o clock. but it's horrible to kick the mastotron in and just dissapear
:idk:

Try putting the masto first, and then the sho.

• Members

Mine's currently replacing my Fuzz Factory. The FF cuts through better, but the Mastortion has a more full sound, more bass, and is not picking up radio. Since I'm the sole guitarist, it's working out.

• Members

Try putting the masto first, and then the sho.

Yup, this is what I do to get the volume boost, but if I normaly set the SHO @11 o clock I have to set it to about 1 or even 2 to get the masto going

Again, It could be that I'm runing the box of rock really high on volume

BTW, the masto sounds amazing and its really versatile!

Archived