$300 Marshall Class 5 at Hello Music

Operator

• Members

There's a new new version with an attenuator so it's probably the first revision.

What attenuator? I think the new version has a 2w/5w (might be less than 2w?) mode on the back, not really an attenuator though, is it? Also, it's not on the head, just the combo.

• Members

What attenuator? I think the new version has a 2w/5w (might be less than 2w?) mode on the back, not really an attenuator though, is it? Also, it's not on the head, just the combo.

Yeah, I think they describe it as an attenuator but it only provides two options! I think the low wattage option is supposed to be less than 1w but I haven't really seen confirmation of that.

My understanding, based on conversations I've had with folks from Marshall is that you can now route the headphone output out the internal speaker, so yes, it's a "low power" mode if you want to look at it that way, but while I have not actually heard it, based on that, I wouldn't be expecting the last word in great tone when you do so...

• Members

My understanding, based on conversations I've had with folks from Marshall is that you can now route the headphone output out the internal speaker, so yes, it's a "low power" mode if you want to look at it that way, but while I have not actually heard it, based on that, I wouldn't be expecting the last word in great tone when you do so...

Indeed, and I believe its possible to approximate that with the previous model.

• Members

0.1 watts

Yeah that's it. Almost seems like that is too little now. .5 or 1 watt might have been better. Or something with power scaling that gives you a range. I'm sure that would cost more, but I wonder how much more?

Archived