A Poll for all you Moogerfoogers

p0lymath

• Members

Ring mod by a mile. The lowpass filter sounds amazing but it's super noisy in my experience. It needs to be in a bypass loop. There are way better phasers out there if you're only going to be using it on guitar, but it's awesome on synth. The MuRF's all right I guess. :idk: I haven't played the other three.

• Members

I'm interested in either the LPF, the Murf or the Freqbox just because I feel as if there are effects available exclusively to them that no other pedal or combination of pedals could produce. And at the same level. But at the same time I've heard mixed reviews about how well they get along with guitar setups.

• Members

FreqBox is an interesting pedal....it can be hard to understand...and takes some tweaking. Definitely not a "plug and play" pedal like the phaser or delay. It tracks single notes better, but can get pretty crazy with chords. You can use it like a filter sweep wah type sound...you can get some stiff, stuttery decay sounds.....you can even get some Theremin sounds or drones.

MuRF is not just the frequency sequencer that most people think....its that, plus there's the regular EQing it can do which is pretty sweet for copping some weird cocked wah sounds....easy to get Brian May tones. You can also use an expression pedal to control the speed of the LFO, which shifts the frequencies back and forth...makes some crazy sounds when the frequencies are stepping.

Archived