Musical level jingle bells?

hangwire

I've got both styles. I purchased a 3' long decorative door knob strip of giant sleigh bells so I could express my inner Brian Wilson, then I found a set of sleigh bells mounted on a handle at a local music store. I paid a fraction of the cost for the second set, and they're a lot easier to hold and "play."

These aren't the exact same model, but they're very similar:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/classroom-kids/lp-cp373-12-bell-sleigh-bells/470541000000000?src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=266089475

There's not a lot of difference in terms of overall sound - the biggest factor will be the size / diameter of the individual bells, with the larger bells having a lower, meatier pitch than the smaller ones.

• Members

I've got both styles. I purchased a 3' long decorative door knob strip of giant sleigh bells so I could express my inner Brian Wilson, then I found a set of sleigh bells mounted on a handle at a local music store. I paid a fraction of the cost for the second set, and they're a lot easier to hold and "play."

These aren't the exact same model, but they're very similar:

There's not a lot of difference in terms of overall sound - the biggest factor will be the size / diameter of the individual bells, with the larger bells having a lower, meatier pitch than the smaller ones.

Sounds like a future bellsniffer in the making...

• Members

I've got a pretty large one with jingles on all sides, looks exactly like this but with black fabric instead of blue.

Sleigh-bell-Stick-k.jpg

It tracks amazingly, I used it on the Bear Flag stuff and I'll be tracking it again this Sunday when I do up a jazz Christmas song with some friends of mine. I think I paid $60 for em about two years back. Can't go wrong!

• Members

I've got a pretty large one with jingles on all sides, looks exactly like this but with black fabric instead of blue.

Sleigh-bell-Stick-k.jpg

It tracks amazingly, I used it on the Bear Flag stuff and I'll be tracking it again this Sunday when I do up a jazz Christmas song with some friends of mine. I think I paid $60 for em about two years back. Can't go wrong!

Where did you purchase?

Archived