The Greatest Producers Of All Time Series: Ch. 1 Trevor Horn

Fender&EHX4ever

• Members

Can't see anything in the thread either, but i do like Mr Horn. Frankie goes to hollywood may have been pop but it was also brilliant and subversive. I actually saw them live and it was a great exciting show. Also this months sound on sound has a story on the recording of video killed the radio star that is worth reading if you are a fan.

• Members

Can't see anything in the thread either, but i do like Mr Horn. Frankie goes to hollywood may have been pop but it was also brilliant and subversive. I actually saw them live and it was a great exciting show. Also this months sound on sound has a story on the recording of video killed the radio star that is worth reading if you are a fan.

I can appreciate FGTH, I just never bought their albums. Thanks for the tip on the article.

I added titles to my original posts so you can see what I posted.

• Members

It's tough to find YES fans at HCFX
:thu:
I was just listening to
Drama
yesterday. Despite being overplayed to ad nauseum, I still love "Owner of a Lonely Heart." It's one of those songs that transports me right back to January 1984, right about the same time I bought my first guitar.

"Clarity and punch" and "everything seems in its place" are dead-on.... sort of the antithesis of shoegaze or lo-fi where distortion turns everything into a big

swirly soup.

I can appreciate FGTH, I just never bought their albums. Thanks for the tip on the article.

I added titles to my original posts so you can see what I posted.

Thanks for adding the titles. Actually I never really thought about it, but my first four rock concerts were Yes, Rush, U2 and FGTH so 50% were touring records he produced. Also Grace Jones is one of my favorite artists that not a lot of people dig and he did a record with her.

I was just listening to that track earlier tonight
:)

Excellent choice.

Phil, how about Chapter 2, Chris Thomas?
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2857133-The-Greatest-Producers-Of-All-Time-Series-Ch.-2-Chris-Thomas&highlight=

Seems like you might be more into his style.

I do appreciate his work... but he's still not in my top ten.

• Members

No it isn't. I like them, Loobs likes them, I'm sure there are several other Yes fans out there. Admittedly, I'm more interested in the TYE/Fragile/CTTE, Eddie Offord era stuff...

Now, Eddie Offord... here's a guy who did miracles on those early Yes albums. He'd cut the tape with a razor blade without thinking twice! Amazing how they managed to make such epic music with such primitive editing techniques!

Archived