Blood Mountain Appreciation Party

Operator

• Members

Amazing album. Wayyyy better than Crack the Skye.

You know, I loved Blood Mountain when it came out, but when Crack the Skye was released, I loved it way better, probably for a year. But then I came back to Blood Mountain and realized it was dense as {censored}.

edit: all this said, I'm deeply disappointed with The Hunter.

• Members

You know, I loved Blood Mountain when it came out, but when Crack the Skye was released, I loved it way better, probably for a year. But then I came back to Blood Mountain and realized it was dense as {censored}.

edit: all this said, I'm deeply disappointed with The Hunter.

We are like the same person about this.

• Members

To me Blood Mountain onwards is a different sounding band to what came before it, that being said I'd rate Mastodon (full length) albums in terms of personal preference thus -

Leviathan > Blood Mountain > The Hunter > Remission > Crack The Skye

• Members

I'd say I enjoy The Hunter way more than CTS. I thought CTS was kinda bloated and dull sounding compared to their other stuffs.

Oof. You and I are in a fight now. In contrast, I think that Hunter sounds really uninspired and weak. I don't think it's better songwriting. I think that it's tame to a fault. And you'll almost never hear me say this, but I think it's over-produced. It sounds radio-friendly in the pejorative and not accessible sense. I love Leviathan, but I loved the more melodic direction they were going in with Crack the Skye. Comparatively, The Hunter sounds like a bunch of B-sides.

• Members

I freaking love Blood Mountain! I've been rocking the Hunter the last few weeks and am really loving it. CTS has been my favorite and the Hunter is coming close to topping it for me. Regarding Creature Lives, the crowd usually eats that song up live and really enjoys it.

• Members

Creative Lives is amazing. You guys all want The Hunter to be CTS part 2. It's just a {censored}ing awesome heavy rock record. Diverse, strong song writing. And they're also pushing in some cool directions. Curl of the Burl is ace, it's funky. I like to see bands doing different stuff. Nothing wrong with a band not sounding pissed off as they did on their first record, four records later.

Archived