NAD. Vintage Traynor+ 15inches of pain x 4. Oh, and reverb

joshmac

• Members

So I got a frantic call from a buddy of mine today telling me to check out kijiji at this

"Treynor" amp he had posted. For $450CDN (that's like...3 dollars American) he had advertised a vintage traynor bass amp, 2 "212" cabinets, and a reverb unit. By looking at the pic he posted I could tell it was an old YBA-1. I phoned him and he told me I was the third person to call, I told him id give him $450. Drive to dude's house and it's in a super sketchy part of town, the inside of his house looks like a crack house and everyone living there was very "scabby" and "meth-y". The amp was there though, in all it's beauty. Surrounded by a thick cloud of smoke, bad-decisions, and baby-mammas. I tested it out really quick and booked it out of there. Turns out it was an early model (1967-ish) Traynor YBA-1 w/ 7027A tubes and a 5AR4 rectifier. BAM. It also came with a late 60's reverb unit (solid state) that sounds pretty killer, and TWO cabs that are actually 2-15's. Check out these pics. This thing is beast.

44DA33ED-orig.jpg

FAAD0C99-orig.jpg

Here it is with my other CDN amp, a 70s Garnet Pro 200 Super. The reverb unit is the little thing on the left.

A37F9D86-orig.jpg

All my amps and shit. From left to right.

Traynor Reverb Unit+2x15 cab

1967 Traynor YBA-1 + 2x15 cab

70s Garnet Pro 200 Super + 212 cab

Marshall JTM-45 clone (ceriatone)

Vox AC4TV+ an old traynor 15+12 cab.

Twin Reverb Reissue + 212 Cab (Celestion G12H30s).

I know this is mainly an amp post but this is where I browse the most. I dont post too often but I figured the more posts out there about these great old canadian tube amps, the better.

• Members

i actually don't think they've got that sOmething... 450$ for the set is an incredible deal, but it's nothing comparable to an actual JMT, or a JMP. I'd pay 2000$ for one of those marshalls because they have that extra SOMETHING that the traynor does not.

I feel the same way about sunn amps too.

• Members

i actually don't think they've got that sOmething... 450$ for the set is an incredible deal, but it's nothing comparable to an actual JMT, or a JMP. I'd pay 2000$ for one of those marshalls because they have that extra SOMETHING that the traynor does not.

I feel the same way about sunn amps too.

you say some clueless {censored}

Archived