Home made custom fit earphones. Kinda cool.

Ryan.

• Members

seems like a cool idea. how much are they? and much more important is the actual speaker thats in them...

for now im happy with my 3rd party Comply foam tips on my etymotic er-6i's. they are super comfy, isolate pretty much all the sound, and also mold to my ear in less than 20 seconds :lol: i can wear them literally all day and my ears dont hurt or anything.

• Members

Awesome concept, but the fact that he didn't mension ANYTHING about the actual speaker makes me wonder if they're anything to brag about at all. I'm always looking for snugly fitting earphones for my iphone that don't escape when I'm running or whatever, but if the sound is {censored}ty I don't see the point of spending more than $10 on perfectly fitting earphones...

Also, I don't like the thingy you have to put behind your ear, wonder if it's detachable. The earplugs (just protection) I have at work were also custom made using silicon, and they don't drop out no matter what...

Edit: $299 for a "dual-driver premium" set :eek::facepalm:

I didn't take the "2-300" quote seriously, I had to check for myself.

For that kinda money I'd personally rather take a chance on a pair of *really* high end regular earphones, of which I'm pretty sure sound f*cking great.

• Members

"Ears are more distinctive than fingerprints."

Umm...I doubt that.

In terms of mathematical calculability, I very much believe it.

There isn't a single computer on earth that's capable of determining the geometry of a crumpled up ball of paper.

Thousands of police precincts have computers (no more powerful than a normal desktop) that are capable of analyzing your fingerprints and searching them.

In short, the transition from analyzing something that (for all intents and purposes) is 2D is exponentially easier than analyzing any complex shape in 3D.

Archived