Distorsion Pedal In the Loop - Hear me out on this one please

nick f

• Members

So when I play at the studio I need a volume boost for the solos, and I know exactly what your going to say, use an EQ pedal. well I already do use one in the loop but i actually use it for shaping my tone, so turning it on and off for a boost is a no go.

Now I really don't want to go out and spend x amount of dollars on a Grande Boost or another EQ or etc.....

I have sitting in my pedal pile a Boss MD2 and a Digitech Grunge. My thought is if I put either one in the loop and put the distorsion and gain boost to 0 and use the volume knob as a boost.

Has anybody done this before? Did it work or did it sound like crap?

Nick F

• Members

Hey pewterschmit that was a little harsh dude

were not recording at the studio, just rehersing.

yeah with the pedal upfront all I'm getting is more distorsion, compression and feedback.

I also have a joyo ultimate drive. do you think that would work better in the loop, I believe thats more of an OD pedal than a distorsion pedal.

• Members

Hey pewterschmit that was a little harsh dude

were not recording at the studio, just rehersing.

yeah with the pedal upfront all I'm getting is more distorsion, compression and feedback.

I also have a joyo ultimate drive. do you think that would work better in the loop, I believe thats more of an OD pedal than a distorsion pedal.

yeah, definitely. ive got one and using the right settings itll boost nicely.

Archived